Zekes!!!!

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Captain Chum

Zekes!!!!

Unread post by Captain Chum » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:01 am

Okay, who is hoarding all the Zeke's.

I am finding it almost impossible to acquire these.

It seems that it is not just the Zeke. I am afraid when vendors restock (if they do at all) they will double in price.

Pletch

Re: Zekes!!!!

Unread post by Pletch » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Have you seen pictures of the Set II Starter? It looks like the Zero will make another appearance in Set II.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

Captain Chum

Unread post by Captain Chum » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:29 am

Pletch wrote:Have you seen pictures of the Set II Starter? It looks like the Zero will make another appearance in Set II.
Yeah, I believe your right.

I did pick up one a few days ago on ebay....kind of pricey

Unless I can get anymore reasonably priced I will probably wait out for set II

I also don't understand why vendors are not restocking.....are boosters selling that good?

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 pm

I can only comment on my area, but in our case boosters are selling that badly. The LGS hasn't ordered more than a case and the remainder are currently on clearance. I'm guessing online stores open so many packs for single sales and save so many boosters for booster sales. If they're not buying more cases then there aren't more boosters to open for singles.

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:36 am

IMHO the line is a failure - the WOW line (I just tend to forget the name is much nicer) and the ruleset - its neither simple enough nor realistic enough, so neitehr crowd (simulaors or Beer and Prtzelers are satisfied)

Usually I buy tons of units , but with this game I stopped after just a starter, a case and a booster. - this and a bit trading netted me a full set + 8 doubles - they now gather dust ;)

I am still not sure if I wil buy into Bandits High - and if I do its just for wanting to complete the minis lins and not for gaming...

And minis grew expensive too :angry:

And I actually LIKE the sulpts and paintjobs (propeller should be added of course...)

BTW - one of the double is the white Zeke ;)

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:22 am

To be fair, WOTC pretty much torpedoed this one from the outset. Firing all of the project staff weeks after its release gave us all a pretty good idea of where it's going. I think the game itself is solid and probably the best of all the AAM lines. They definitely learned a lot from AAM and WAS. It's too bad support is zero and its future is bleak at best.

I usually stay away from being really pessimistic about these things, but I do think at some point some realism is warranted. You don't fire everyone involved with a product line after its release with the expectation of creating new sets for years to come. It's not to say there couldn't be a turn around in the line, but...how likely is that?

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 am

I am even more pessimistic.

Tehy currently cranc out one Axis and Allies Boardgane after the other - each is slightly different from the previeous -

As I welcome the "New sulpts for the Brits and the inclusion of AA-Artillery pieces - thats just not worth buying another game :(

If they only added enhancement packs for the ones of us that have the older games (Older is Europe and Pacific 1940 in this case ;))

But the way they go is clearly aimed at taking our money without giving us substance. - I faer this policy will kill the board game too (still no Ardennes or Kursk game out ther ;)