Angels 20 Rules Summary Sheet

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Rebel

Re: Angels 20 Rules Summary Sheet

Unread post by Rebel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:25 am

Ace of Aces wrote:I tried that before on some other A&A manuals but I think they were more recent ones that prevented such a move :angry:
Yeah, I had to try a few before I got it... if you want it I can PM you a pic of it.
Ace of Aces wrote:Looks great Rebel, and done so quickly too! What program are you using to make those, Illustrator? I use Photoshop for most things I create (tokens, battle boards, etc) but none of those projects are particularly text heavy and formatting isn't an issue. Seems like Photoshop would not be the program to use for making a rules cheat sheet from my experience battling text in it :lol:
Your doc made it easier, I just had to make some texted boxes, tweak the spacing/font/size to make it fit on one page, and then add a few graphics! :D I do use Photoshop for this, Illustrator might be better for that kinda thing, but for me, I do better with something I know well! :D Once you break Photoshop in, it's not as much of the wild program! :lol: But text formatting is still a bit hard!
Ace of Aces wrote:Love the graphics you added for tailing and target aspect, think you can squeeze a firing arc graphic in there? :shock:
I think I could, you mean where a unit can shoot? (Which makes me ask, where does a Bf110C shoot?)
A&A Underground- Minis, Maps, Models and More!
If you want a custom map, please PM me.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:36 pm

OK, target aspect added, and this:

Edit: Stink forgot facing arrows! :x

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:46 pm

@Rebel

Changed OP to have the files so they are right at the top. Update it with any link changes for revised or new files there too.

We may want to look at making the rules summary more readable. I packed that document with info and you did a great job getting it into PhotoShop but I think small format changes would help.

A couple toughts on that:
Maybe change the text color of each item but leave the text after white, could even do different colors for major/minor sections, etc. Some indentation where something wraps to the next line down and for the lists. Anything that will help the eye pick up on the info being looked for.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Entek

Unread post by Entek » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Looks amazing Rebel. Thank you! I will have to print this out.
Thank you Rebel!

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:06 am

Ace of Aces wrote:We may want to look at making the rules summary more readable. I packed that document with info and you did a great job getting it into PhotoShop but I think small format changes would help.
A couple toughts on that:
Maybe change the text color of each item but leave the text after white, could even do different colors for major/minor sections, etc. Some indentation where something wraps to the next line down and for the lists. Anything that will help the eye pick up on the info being looked for.
I agree, especially, when the forum shrinks the image a bit, it's hard to find what you're looking for. I think the Color Changes are good ideas, I tried to make the headings bold, or larger, but I started running out of room, so I had to shrink the text a bit! :D If I have some time today, I'll edit the images for mistakes and clarity, so if there's anything else that needs changing, please point it out.! :D

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:09 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote: Have a look at the climb maneuver section. Its mentions decreasing altitude instead of increasing altitude. But other than that it looks good.
Not sure if you noticed this earlier. I can't wait to get this printed when its done.

Ober
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:04 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote: Have a look at the climb maneuver section. Its mentions decreasing altitude instead of increasing altitude. But other than that it looks good.
Not sure if you noticed this earlier. I can't wait to get this printed when its done.

Ober
Hoops! Didn't see that, I'll fix it before I go to bed! :D

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:37 pm

I suspected you had, hopefully color, bolding and some indentation will help and keep it all on one page. Tough task I know. Appreciate it, though :D

Edit: Just saw your changes, that made a big difference!
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Forgot to take the cheat sheets when we played last night. Ugggg, was that ever a drag thumbing through that disorganized rule book all night. Not forgetting those again!
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

aarules

Unread post by aarules » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks for putting these up. I'm just staring the game and I think this will help.