Problems with the flight stands?

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Entek

Problems with the flight stands?

Unread post by Entek » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:40 am

I put the flight stand in my Bf-110 tonight and I am having trouble removing it. It is really tight in the plane and I am terrified of snapping the ball off. I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues or better yet, someone had a solution?

Either way, thanks for looking!
Thank you Rebel!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Problems with the flight stands?

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:00 pm

I had the same issue when I photographed the lot of planes. A first they were really hard to remove and there is a spot where the post would bend if you weren't careful. I ended up taking a small set of pliers to remove them. But after a half a dozen pics it loosened upon its own and there wasn't any issue. It sure helps storage to remove the posts but it may not be the best idea for long term use.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Snippersly

Unread post by Snippersly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Same issue with the BF 110. The stand won't come off and is about to snap off.
God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can... and the Firepower to make the difference.

I aim to misbehave.

Entek

Unread post by Entek » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 pm

I think I've decided to just leave it in at this point. I'd rather have it 110 a little harder to store than have it with a ball stuck in it with no way of removing it. :
Thank you Rebel!

Encore

Unread post by Encore » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Whenever I need to change the altitudes of a plane with a tight ball joint, I tend to remove the bottom of the stand peg and reinsert it into the stand (rather than risk a break by twisting the plane). I know that there are some after-market stands out there, too. I'll try to find and post them.

Encore

Unread post by Encore » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 pm

The name popped into mind once I submitted the last post, haha. The manufacturer is Corsec Engineering, and the product is the Omni stand system. The telescoping stands with the round magnets look pretty nice set-up - visually appealing and sturdy, by the looks of it (he even uses A20 planes to demo the set-up). I myself haven't bought them only because I don't have enough players around me to justify the cost of the upgrade. Hope this is a good solution!

http://corseceng.com/omni-stand/

P.S.- I have no vested commercial interest, just passing along what I found :-)

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 am

Those are pretty sweet, good find! I haven't played this in a looooong time but those would be a NJ ice addition.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

jtemple507

Unread post by jtemple507 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:20 pm

I ended up bending the pole on the 110 in my effort to take it out, but with some pliers I was able to bend it back to normal. But it sounds like you're in danger of ripping the ball off, right?

Encore

Unread post by Encore » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:10 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Those are pretty sweet, good find! I haven't played this in a looooong time but those would be a NJ ice addition.
I was pretty excited when I came across them - if I find more people to play along with, I might be able to justify getting a set of 4-6 :-)