Dice room down. So you can eye your plan, my move will be:

@High speed
Forward to 0810 w/ left turn
Power climb to 0710 - rolled snake eyes - epic fail
Forward to 0609 w/ right turn
Forward through 0608 & 0607 to 0606 w/ right turn at end

Gustav ends in 0606NE at altitude 3 in Climb status

Updated
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Angels 20 PBP Match: Ace vs Ober

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:07 am

[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Ace 2 to 0903 High speed, normal Right turn into 0603, successful climb into 0704, to 0604 and normal left turn into 0605 (S) Dive status.

Climb = 2D6+4 => 14

Aside - For those who are watching. Planes in A20 have two speed choices, Normal or high speed. In normal speed, normal turns (60o) may be made in each and every hex you leave if you wish. With high speed after making a normal turn (60o) you must fly straight 2 hexes before attempting another normal turn. This includes difficult maneuvers.

If everything I did was legal then its your combat phase.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Gustav attacks Spit Ace 1 (because it is in climbing status & Spit Ace 1 is one altitude band higher)

Range is 1, so Gustav attacks with 5 dice
Target Aspect is 2 o'clock so I have to hit 6s on each die

Review of Attack Bonuses/Penalties - All that apply stack

Here are possible Attack Bonuses for any attack (+1 to roll results):
Attacking pilot is more skilled - In this case both are Aces so there is no bonus
Target Crippled - Not yet
Dive Status bonus (attacking target one alt below) - Does not apply in this case
Target is in Climb Status and Gustav has higher climb rating - Does not apply

Possible Attack Penalties for attacks (-1 to roll results):

Attacking aircraft is crippled - Not yet
Attacker and/or Target are Evading (Bank left/right Status)

The Gustav has no attack bonuses or penalties and will be rolling 5 dice hoping for 6s. Not fantastic odds but because 6s count as two hits it is well worth a shot. If I get lucky and score a hit the Gustav will get to use 2 additional attack dice the remainder of the game. Should I get REALLY lucky and destroy the Spit Ace, it will not be able to attack the 110.

To the rolls...

5d6@6 = 2 hits - rolled (2, 2, 2, 4, 6)
The spits have armor rating of 3, so no hits scored

Obers turn to wreak havoc

Entek

Unread post by Entek » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:

Aside - For those who are watching. Planes in A20 have two speed choices, Normal or high speed. In normal speed, normal turns (60o) may be made in each and every hex you leave if you wish. With high speed after making a normal turn (60o) you must fly straight 2 hexes before attempting another normal turn. This doesn't include difficult maneuvers.

I hate to disagree but it does include difficult maneuvers. The rules say on pg. 13 it says: "High Speed: If you are at high speed, you can't turn or maneuver in consecutive hexes." So it does include Difficult Maneuvers.
Thank you Rebel!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:27 am

Ace 2 attacks Gustav

Attack Logic
Range 1 so (6) attack dice and 6's count as two hits.
Pilot skill is equeal so +0
Attacking from a diving position so +1 to each attack dice.

Attacks Results
6D6X6 => 4 (3,4,6,6,3,4) - 6's count as 2 so 4 successes

As stated above its +1 to each attack dice so the roll becomes: 4,5,6,6,4,5 - This doesn't change the outcome. I believe 6's that are modified up are counted as one hit only.

Gustav armor = 3 & Vital = 7 and the attack results were 4. Four successes is between the armor and vital so it is one hit. The Gustav's hull points are 3 so it now has 2 hull points remaining.

ME 110 is up....
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:55 am

Entek wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:

Aside - For those who are watching. Planes in A20 have two speed choices, Normal or high speed. In normal speed, normal turns (60o) may be made in each and every hex you leave if you wish. With high speed after making a normal turn (60o) you must fly straight 2 hexes before attempting another normal turn. This doesn't include difficult maneuvers.

I hate to disagree but it does include difficult maneuvers. The rules say on pg. 13 it says: "High Speed: If you are at high speed, you can't turn or maneuver in consecutive hexes." So it does include Difficult Maneuvers.
Thanks for the correction Entek. I have been overlooking this detail about DMs being included in and have been focused on consecutive turns only. In our case the end hex and facing could still be achieved WITH legal moves but I'm glad you caught us red-handed early :oops:

Ober - No attack from the 110, I foolishly didn't set a Climb Status, so blast away Spit Ace #1. Will update map after this attack.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Ace 1 attacks 110

Attack Logic
Range 3 so (2) attack dice and 6's count as two hits.
Pilot skill is Ace(Ace) and 110(Average) The attacker is of a higher skill level so he gets +1 to all his dice
Attacking from a Diving position so +1 to each attack dice.
The attackers aspect chart says 12 O'clock and hits are scored on 6's and 5's

Attacks Results
2D6X5 => 2 (3 & 6) - 6's count as 2 so 2 successes

As stated above its +2 to each attack dice so the roll becomes: 5 & 6 - This does change the outcome and boosts successes to 3.

110 armor = 3 & Vital = 8 and the attack results were 3. Three successes is equeal to the armor is one hit. One reduction in the 110's Hull points to 3 from 4.

That concludes the air attack phase.....
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Turn 2 initiative roll: 2D6+2 => 8

Aside - I receive +2 to my initiative rolls because of the Tally-Ho SA on the Spitfire Aces cards. I have two Aces but this does not mean that the two SA's stack.
~Gen. G.S. Patton