video - defensive fire, basic

Information on getting started Playing Axis and Allies Miniatures and Rules Clarifications.
pfclt

video - defensive fire, basic

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:56 am

Is this OK? Can it be improved? Any suggestions appreciated.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuRSdyHBQEw[/BBvideo]

Von Wildensee

Re: video - defensive fire, basic

Unread post by Von Wildensee » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:39 pm

LOVE it! :bow:
About time someone put some youtube vids up to combat the FoW crowd, and show that there is a simpler, much cheaper alternative with the same size minis.
Good job!
Great presentation, simple, to the point, as it should be. You've got skills there...
The animation is perfect!
The only thing I personally would improve is the underlying map set, the artwork on the v1 maps are "meh" at best, the v2 maps much better as far as visual appeal goes (and in a vid that counts for a lot methinks).
I know you intend this as instructional video, but many will see this on You Tube and think "Hmmm, didn't even know there was such an alternative to FoW!", and let's face it, what sucks most people into that game is the instant visual "Wow" factor.
It's only later that the cost of the things and the labour/space required sets in.
Cheers,
VW
My 2cents worth...

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Well done pfclt. I think it does an excellent job of explaining the concept. The quality, graphics and commentary, Thanks for sharing! :bow:

Ober
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

aarules

Unread post by aarules » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 pm

That was good! It cleared up the difference between AAM and Squad Leader.