EXAMPLE OF A GAME IN PROGRESS

Information on getting started Playing Axis and Allies Miniatures and Rules Clarifications.
pfclt

EXAMPLE OF A GAME IN PROGRESS

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:35 am

This is an attempt to make a learning video somewhat entertaining. It entertained my kids/grandson for different reasons so I don't know how well it will instruct or entertain those learning the game.

A game in progress:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdI-Go5Z8o[/BBvideo]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: EXAMPLE OF A GAME IN PROGRESS

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:48 pm

wow! That's over the top awesome pfclt. I had seen you videos before and was expecting something good. Thanks :D
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Entek

Unread post by Entek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 am

pfclt wrote:This is an attempt to make a learning video somewhat entertaining. It entertained my kids/grandson for different reasons so I don't know how well it will instruct or entertain those learning the game.

A game in progress:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdI-Go5Z8o[/BBvideo]

I loved your use of string to denote which unit was firing. Great vid! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you Rebel!

Dinosaurocker

Unread post by Dinosaurocker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 am

Cool video - thanks for sharing. I like all the sound effects. I'm sure this one video took a lot of work, but I'd love to see two or three turns.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 pm

When I watch that - I laugh every time as did my children and grandchildren. But I don't and haven't played the game in awhile. My complete involvement in the game the past few years is reflected on these boards. My involvement here was my way of staying involved as I really like this game. But since I had some medical issues - I ended up getting uninvolved and haven't been motivated to get back into the boards here - but I do come to the underground and check things out - often - Ober, Dano, Loco, and company make things entertaining, informative and new.

Anyway, "the video" Thanks!!! The game only went two turns (maybe why I didn't continue the videos -I don't know-). It did take some work and the second turn was about half done (IIRC). I think the sound effects have a lot to do with my laughing, but in addition they can distract from the learning process. The video could be longer with some more detail to explain what is going on rules wise and there was a lengthy discussion between Pletch and myself about movement options - kind of a chess like evaluation. I don't know what the other team discussed. But my attempt with the video was to make it entertaining - I thought long explanations would distract from simple actions and be boring - I don't know? Maybe if things are still going on around here sometime down the road - I'll get back to it.

But again --- Thanks!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:57 pm

I rewatched this video today. Its just so awesome!
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Watched it myself - I still smile and laugh - Don't know how educational it was but it was fun to make. The worst part was the editor - microsofts - crashed all the time and I'd lose my work .... very annoying. Probably the most influencing reason why I didn't continue.

Thanks Ober