A&A attack values for a Sturmtiger?

Tripwire

A&A attack values for a Sturmtiger?

Unread post by Tripwire » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:58 am

Someone proposed these one time, but I have lost the info.
The vehicle itself should just be a regular Tiger, with perhaps a slight change of 8/6 for armor and 2 for speed.

Other ideas?

pilgrimtone

Re: A&A attack values for a Sturmtiger?

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:05 am

I have the Sharpedia disc that my dad got off Sharpe, here is his card;

Is it ok to use his cards?
the limited ammunition SA means it cannot make defensive fire attacks, i do think the AV stats for medium and long range are too high for this vehicle, the barrel is too short for long range shooting & the vehicle was really made to destroy buildings and pill boxes.
maybe these stats instead;

AI 12/8/6
AV 16/8/-
this would represent the lack of long range optics and the inaccuracy of the short barrel but also make it a very dangerous vehicle up close, maybe have an SA like;
"Bunker Buster" if this vehicle rolls three 6s when attacking units in a pillbox at short range, the pillbox is destroyed immediately.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:01 pm

It was also slow to reload like the Petard Mortar.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tripwire

Unread post by Tripwire » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm

The weapon on this vehicle was actually fairly long range.
Nothing like a rifled gun, mind you, but it could be used on targets at a mile distant.
Of course, the target was a whole building.

I think at short and medium range, it should be the scariest weapon in the game.

Bean965

Unread post by Bean965 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Hmmm, usually Sharpe's cards are pretty on the money, but I've got problems with this one.

It shouldn't have Tall Silhouette - it's SHORTER than a KT. (As an aside, I think Tall Silhouette is possibly the worst SA in the game. I don't see how the height of any of the weapons with that SA would be THAT much more noticeable over the ranges in the game [typically 50-1000m] in the kinds of terrain - forest, towns and rolling hills - that provide cover. The fact that it nerfs both the Wirblewind and the Flak 88 is criminal)

I am under the impression that the Sturmtiger would have been poor in an AV role. Wasn't its rocket-propelled munition more of an indirect fire weapon? As Trip mentions it was built to destroy fortified buildings - I can't see it tracking moving vehicles. It saw action in urban combat in the Warsaw Uprising and even in the BAttle of the Bulge it was planned to be used for the closing stages of the operation and the assault on the Belgian city of Liege

Mediocre AV stats fits with the AAM template for other assault guns like the Brummbar and the SU-122. If it is going to have an AV attack it should either have a weak one to represent vehicles caught in its large blast radius but suffering the effects of HE instead of AP or have Med and Long Range only, like a mortar, and a version of inaccurate that pertains to vehicles instead of Soldiers.

I think it should have an SA that negates the commander SA that negates blast - this thing packs such a wallop I don't care how well your commander disperses you - you're F****D.
Last edited by Bean965 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Bean965 wrote: this thing packs such a wallop I don't care how well your commander disperses you - you're F****D.
:lol:

This is tough card to make with no real ordinance to compare it to. Sorry but I can't offer many suggestions but I'm interested to see what you come up with. Modifying Sharps card is likely the best way to start.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Here is ObstbfEgon's card-

Bean965

Unread post by Bean965 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Stalker6 wrote:Here is ObstbfEgon's card-

Nice! Obst makes such pretty cards.

I vote for adding a Bunker Buster SA and either Limited Ammo or an SA that disallows it to move and fire in the same turn (this thing had a crane to load its munition and required its entire 5-person crew to do the loading). Finally I think it should have an SA along the lines of: "280 lb High Explosive Round: Attacks by this unit ignore the Dispersal SA"

Note (from Wikipedia): "At the loading hatch's rear was located a 100 millimetres (3.9 in) grenade launcher, using SMi 35 leaping mines, which was used for close range defence against both armoured vehicles and infantry in a 360 degree circle around the vehicle."

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Bean965 wrote:
Stalker6 wrote:Here is ObstbfEgon's card-

Nice! Obst makes such pretty cards.

I vote for adding a Bunker Buster SA and either Limited Ammo or an SA that disallows it to move and fire in the same turn (this thing had a crane to load its munition and required its entire 5-person crew to do the loading). Finally I think it should have an SA along the lines of: "280 lb High Explosive Round: Attacks by this unit ignore the Dispersal SA"

Note (from Wikipedia): "At the loading hatch's rear was located a 100 millimetres (3.9 in) grenade launcher, using SMi 35 leaping mines, which was used for close range defence against both armoured vehicles and infantry in a 360 degree circle around the vehicle."

So maybe it should have an SA that states "This unit kills on one end & cripples on the opposite, roll 1d6 to determine which end is which when attacking, 1-3 it hits the target & cripples it's crew, 4-6 it kills itself"?.............:D

Tripwire

Unread post by Tripwire » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:25 am

Where can I go to download Herr Oberst's card?