A German NCO

Audacity

A German NCO

Unread post by Audacity » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Here are my new German NCOs. They are identical models, except that one is wearing his cap and the other his helmet, from the Plastic Soldier Company late war Germans set.

For my direct gaming community, he will become an instantly recognizable unit in our AAM games.

Now I'd like help to develop his card. What ideas do people have for his point cost, marksmanship and special abilities.
Attachments
German NCO.JPG
From the PSC. I set it into a blob of hot glue to give it a usable base for gaming

RichtervonManthofen

Re: A German NCO

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:47 pm

How about
Feldwebel - Soldier - Commander - Cost 9 points
Speed - 1 Def 4/4
AI - 9/5/-
AV - 2/-/-

Abilities
Limited Range - 2
Close Assault 8
Steely Resolve

Command Abilities
Init +1
"Hunde wollt ihr Ewig Leben" - During your movement phase this unit and a German Soldier in the same hex can move into an adjacent hex containing an enemy unit and attack with +1 to each attack die. This movement ignores defensive fire. This unit and the Second unit get -1/-1 defense until the end of the next turn.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:17 pm

I tip for the bases, use black buttons you get at fabric stores. The come in different sizes and colors and are pretty cheap.

I agree that Germany should have a NCO.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:05 pm

:bowty: Here's a couple ideas to get started.
Army NCO.jpg
Wehr NCO.jpg

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:10 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:I tip for the bases, use black buttons you get at fabric stores. The come in different sizes and colors and are pretty cheap.

I agree that Germany should have a NCO.
:bowty: The buttons are a nice base. Here's a few I made for PSCo. and Wargames Factory figures.
100_2208.JPG
100_2045.JPG
100_2107.JPG

Der Engel
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Der Engel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 pm

I did a NCO card under the D-Day unit creation contest awhile back if you are interested looking at that...

Der Engel
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Der Engel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 am

Found it!
Attachments
S35C-112052511520[1].jpg

Audacity

Unread post by Audacity » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Here are the four models I'm currently considering. Thanks for all the input. Do you have any thoughts of these ones? I put a poll up in the Forumini.

Feldwebel - Soldier - Commander - Cost 9 points
Speed - 1 Def 4/4
AI - 9/5/-
AV - 2/-/-
Limited Range - 2
Close Assault 8
Steely Resolve
Command Abilities
Initiative +1
"Hunde wollt ihr Ewig Leben" - During your movement phase this unit and a German Soldier in the same hex can move into an adjacent hex containing an enemy unit and attack with +1 to each attack die. This movement ignores defensive fire. This unit and the Second unit get -1/-1 defense until the end of the next turn.
Wehrmacht NCO – Soldier - Commander – Cost 6 points
Speed - 1 Def 4/4
AI- 8/6/-
AV-2/-/-
Limited Range - 2
Close Assault - 6
Command Abilities
Initiative +2
Inspired Tactics - Once per game, non-SS soldiers adjacent to this unit get either +1 speed in MP or +1 attack die in AP.

German NCO – Soldier Commander – Cost 7 points
Speed - 1 Def 4/4
AI- 10/7/-
AV-2/-/-
Limited Range - 2
Close Assault - 7
Command Abilities
Initiative +2
Counter Attack – Disrupted non-SS soldiers adjacent to this unit can move towards other enemy units

Wehrmacht Sgt – Soldier - Commander – Cost 6 points
Speed - 1 Def 4/4
AI- 7/5/-
AV-2/-/-
Close Assault - 6
Command Abilities
Initiative +1
Schnell – Once per phase, a friendly disrupted soldier adjacent to this unit may move
Stubborn Defender – Non-SS soldier units adjacent to this unit can make defensive fire attacks while disrupted.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm

I just popped over to the Forumini and cast my vote. It looks like its going to be hard to get a consensus with votes all over the place. IMO card are very much a personal choice and everyone has different tastes.

Here's the poll link: http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/about37558.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI - Posting links to the Forumini here on the Underground is not a problem. We haven't drawn any lines in the sand so its all good. :D
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton