Dorchester Command Vehicle

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Dorchester Command Vehicle

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Here is my latest creation. Its a Dorchester armored Command vehicle used by the Commonwealth and captured by Germany. I will be doing a German version of this unit later using the same stats.
IMG_4498.JPG
Dorchester CommVeh copy.jpg
Dorchester CommVeh copy.jpg (139.81 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Re: Dorchester Command Vehicle

Unread post by Centurion » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Where'd you get the model. I like that.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Its a Old Glory miniature. All one piece with no gluing, just paint, wash and dullcote.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm

The Germans captured three Dorchesters very early in the Desert Campaign. Rommel kept one for himself and gave the other two to his Generals. They were used through the entire desert war and were recaptured intact when the Germans evacuated to Sicily.

It was hard to get the colors as only B&W photos exist. There were two internet suggested color combos for this camo pattern and I choose the browns version. It was one of the hardest paint schemes ive done, painting everything in the correct order was key.

The model I used.
Rommels dorcheester.jpg
Canadian Version
IMG_4575.JPG
The facsimile.
IMG_4571.JPG
IMG_4573.JPG
IMG_4574.JPG
Thoughts on a card?
~Gen. G.S. Patton