View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 pm

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dorchester Command Vehicle 
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Here is my latest creation. Its a Dorchester armored Command vehicle used by the Commonwealth and captured by Germany. I will be doing a German version of this unit later using the same stats.

Attachment:
IMG_4498.JPG
IMG_4498.JPG [ 1.56 MiB | Viewed 845 times ]

Attachment:
Dorchester CommVeh copy.jpg
Dorchester CommVeh copy.jpg [ 139.81 KiB | Viewed 845 times ]

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm
Profile WWW

Where'd you get the model. I like that.

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:12 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Its a Old Glory miniature. All one piece with no gluing, just paint, wash and dullcote.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Founder
Founder

The Germans captured three Dorchesters very early in the Desert Campaign. Rommel kept one for himself and gave the other two to his Generals. They were used through the entire desert war and were recaptured intact when the Germans evacuated to Sicily.

It was hard to get the colors as only B&W photos exist. There were two internet suggested color combos for this camo pattern and I choose the browns version. It was one of the hardest paint schemes ive done, painting everything in the correct order was key.

The model I used.
Attachment:
Rommels dorcheester.jpg
Rommels dorcheester.jpg [ 128.42 KiB | Viewed 772 times ]

Canadian Version
Attachment:
IMG_4575.JPG
IMG_4575.JPG [ 1.85 MiB | Viewed 770 times ]

The facsimile.
Attachment:
IMG_4571.JPG
IMG_4571.JPG [ 1.89 MiB | Viewed 772 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_4573.JPG
IMG_4573.JPG [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 772 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_4574.JPG
IMG_4574.JPG [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 772 times ]

Thoughts on a card?

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]