View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 nuke 
The King
The King

Anyone have stats on a nuke?

My thoughts....

One hex everything destroyed and removed. The next outer hex around...soldiers destroyed and removed. Vehicles damaged marker, or removed if already disrupted.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your time!

Sun May 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Hmm - it seams a bit overpowering, but lets give it a go...

It goes without saying that it has to be indiscriminate - like that Blast SA. and be expensive...!

I see two ways of doing this:
Option 1:
Target hex: 4 hits (no cover)
Target hex +1: 3 hits
Target hex +2: 2 hits
Target hex +3: 1 hit

Option 2:
Target hex: 25 dice (no cover)
Target hex +1: 17 dice
Target hex +2: 14 dice
Target hex +3: 10 dice

In both options you can role for cover (not target hex), and if you have line of sight, you get a disrupt to simulate the temporary blindness the flash can cause.

I kinda like the option 1 best, but as with all other weapons the effect can weary, so I think the dice-roling option could be fun as well (you spend a lot of points and end up striking out).

Sun May 05, 2013 8:17 pm
The King
The King

hello,

thanks. I think we're close. maybe a tactical nuke to affect a limited number of hexes, however... the hex attacked with the nuke is removed from game play the rest of the turns after attack???

Sun May 05, 2013 8:32 pm

dano903 wrote:
hello,

thanks. I think we're close. maybe a tactical nuke to affect a limited number of hexes, however... the hex attacked with the nuke is removed from game play the rest of the turns after attack???

Is this JUST an excuse to make a big crater hex in your workshop?
And how do you remove a hex - scissors?

I like the idear, that the hex is unusable the next turn/s...
You could also add a fallout area, say role a dice to determine wind direction and then give hits to all in that area the round after the blast...
:slinger;

Mon May 06, 2013 9:47 pm
The King
The King

Falcon59 wrote:
dano903 wrote:
hello,

Is this JUST an excuse to make a big crater hex in your workshop?
And how do you remove a hex - scissors?

I like the idear, that the hex is unusable the next turn/s...
You could also add a fallout area, say role a dice to determine wind direction and then give hits to all in that area the round after the blast...
:slinger;

lol... Yes! a crater hex! That would be an impassable hex. The fallout area is brilliant! I'll have to hobby some nuclear plants, and maybe some components you gather from the map to be able to make a nuke and launch it. for now... just the kill zone nuke location, and FALLOUT area.

Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 am

Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
and you folks call the Ranger cheese & clown shoes........this thing is Cheese, Clown Shoes, Cape & Crazy all rolled into one Way Overpowered Piece......but that is just my opinion. I'm sure someone will use it.......and then glow in the dark from use...... :tocnt:

Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
curtm1911 wrote:
and you folks call the Ranger cheese & clown shoes........this thing is Cheese, Clown Shoes, Cape & Crazy all rolled into one Way Overpowered Piece......but that is just my opinion. I'm sure someone will use it.......and then glow in the dark from use...... :tocnt:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 pm
Profile WWW

I just don't see nukes in AA minis. Too overpowered.

Fri May 10, 2013 2:32 am
Mod
Mod

Hey Dano!! How about a nuclear weapons test facility or missile site as an objective marker???

Fri May 10, 2013 2:35 am

Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
KennyJman wrote:
Hey Dano!! How about a nuclear weapons test facility or missile site as an objective marker???

Norsk Hydro Plant maybe....it's still early, just poured my first cup of coffee & that's all I could think of on this idea right off the top of my pointy head....:D

Fri May 10, 2013 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]