nuke

dano903
The King
The King

nuke

Unread post by dano903 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Anyone have stats on a nuke?

My thoughts....

One hex everything destroyed and removed. The next outer hex around...soldiers destroyed and removed. Vehicles damaged marker, or removed if already disrupted.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your time!

Falcon59

Re: nuke

Unread post by Falcon59 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Hmm - it seams a bit overpowering, but lets give it a go...

It goes without saying that it has to be indiscriminate - like that Blast SA. and be expensive...!

I see two ways of doing this:
Option 1:
Target hex: 4 hits (no cover)
Target hex +1: 3 hits
Target hex +2: 2 hits
Target hex +3: 1 hit

Option 2:
Target hex: 25 dice (no cover)
Target hex +1: 17 dice
Target hex +2: 14 dice
Target hex +3: 10 dice

In both options you can role for cover (not target hex), and if you have line of sight, you get a disrupt to simulate the temporary blindness the flash can cause.

I kinda like the option 1 best, but as with all other weapons the effect can weary, so I think the dice-roling option could be fun as well (you spend a lot of points and end up striking out).

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:32 pm

hello,

thanks. I think we're close. maybe a tactical nuke to affect a limited number of hexes, however... the hex attacked with the nuke is removed from game play the rest of the turns after attack???

Falcon59

Unread post by Falcon59 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:47 pm

dano903 wrote:hello,

thanks. I think we're close. maybe a tactical nuke to affect a limited number of hexes, however... the hex attacked with the nuke is removed from game play the rest of the turns after attack???
Is this JUST an excuse to make a big crater hex in your workshop?
And how do you remove a hex - scissors?

I like the idear, that the hex is unusable the next turn/s...
You could also add a fallout area, say role a dice to determine wind direction and then give hits to all in that area the round after the blast...
:slinger;

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 am

Falcon59 wrote:
dano903 wrote:hello,

Is this JUST an excuse to make a big crater hex in your workshop?
And how do you remove a hex - scissors?

I like the idear, that the hex is unusable the next turn/s...
You could also add a fallout area, say role a dice to determine wind direction and then give hits to all in that area the round after the blast...
:slinger;

lol... Yes! a crater hex! That would be an impassable hex. The fallout area is brilliant! I'll have to hobby some nuclear plants, and maybe some components you gather from the map to be able to make a nuke and launch it. for now... just the kill zone nuke location, and FALLOUT area.

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 pm

and you folks call the Ranger cheese & clown shoes........this thing is Cheese, Clown Shoes, Cape & Crazy all rolled into one Way Overpowered Piece......but that is just my opinion. I'm sure someone will use it.......and then glow in the dark from use...... :tocnt:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 pm

curtm1911 wrote:and you folks call the Ranger cheese & clown shoes........this thing is Cheese, Clown Shoes, Cape & Crazy all rolled into one Way Overpowered Piece......but that is just my opinion. I'm sure someone will use it.......and then glow in the dark from use...... :tocnt:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

thepanzerguy

Unread post by thepanzerguy » Fri May 10, 2013 2:32 am

I just don't see nukes in AA minis. Too overpowered.

KennyJman
Mod
Mod

Unread post by KennyJman » Fri May 10, 2013 2:35 am

Hey Dano!! How about a nuclear weapons test facility or missile site as an objective marker???

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:31 pm

KennyJman wrote:Hey Dano!! How about a nuclear weapons test facility or missile site as an objective marker???

Norsk Hydro Plant maybe....it's still early, just poured my first cup of coffee & that's all I could think of on this idea right off the top of my pointy head....:D