D-Day Custom Card Contest

User avatar
KennyJman
Mod
Mod
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.

D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by KennyJman » Fri May 10, 2013 2:29 am

Hello fellow Undergroundians!!

Time for another custom card contest!! I will be judging this year. In the event I am unable to come to a decision, I will consult a trustworthy member of the moderator team to determine the winner. The parameters/judging points will be listed below:

1) Stats and Playability - Choose your stats and abilities carefully!! Your new creation will be play tested. Cost, attack values, defense, special abilities will all be evaluated. Please use a dictionary or some sort of spellchecker as well.

2) Overall Card Appearance - Self explanatory. Make it look nice.

3) Originality/Creativity - Make something new and unique.

4) Please TRY to make a D-Day/Bocage/Western Europe specific unit. After all, this is the D-Day card contest. However, if you have a unit that does not fit into that genre, please feel free to submit anyway.

5) Your submitted entry must have some sort of unique symbol, mark or style that trademarks it as your work.

6) Entry Deadline: June 6th, 2013 by 17:00 CST

7) Please submit all entries to me by Private Message.

8) Prize!!!!!! Winning entry will receive a Panzer IV H Commander. I am pretty sure that I can sweet talk Loco into a custom paint job!
Image

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Fri May 10, 2013 7:20 am

:bowty:Got ya covered on the painting Kenny.
Image

User avatar
KennyJman
Mod
Mod
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by KennyJman » Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 am

Thanks, Loc!!! You have it over there in your motor pool, right???
Image

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sat May 11, 2013 9:34 am

:bowty:That is correctum sir.
Image

dano903
The King
The King
Posts: 4932
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:08 am

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by dano903 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:24 pm

I would like to see a naval shore bombardment card... anyone want to take that on? perhaps a card for the anti-aircraft balloons, mine fields for the landing crafts, shoreline artillery guns, Rommel's asparagus, or dawn attack stats. just a few things I thought might be interesting and a little different.

User avatar
KennyJman
Mod
Mod
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by KennyJman » Wed May 22, 2013 5:08 pm

It is official!! The first entry has been received!!

You still have until the 6th of June to submit. About 2 weeks left.
Image

User avatar
Centurion
Member
Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am
Location: At the Eastern edge of the Monacan Nation

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by Centurion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:48 am

I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Image
Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

User avatar
FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Posts: 5075
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Contact:

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Centurion wrote:I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?
Post it to photobucket or any other photo storage site and post the Image code in your PM and your good to go.

Did you get your prize package?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image

User avatar
Centurion
Member
Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am
Location: At the Eastern edge of the Monacan Nation

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by Centurion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:46 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Centurion wrote:I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?
Post it to photobucket or any other photo storage site and post the Image code in your PM and your good to go.

Did you get your prize package?
Yeah, thank you very much. The paras are very cool.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Image
Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

User avatar
FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Posts: 5075
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Contact:

Re: D-Day Custom Card Contest

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Centurion wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Centurion wrote:I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?
Post it to photobucket or any other photo storage site and post the Image code in your PM and your good to go.

Did you get your prize package?
Yeah, thank you very much. The paras are very cool.
Your father should be able to give your Germans a pretty good fight now. :D
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest