View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 pm


Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 




Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 D-Day Custom Card Contest 
Author Message
Mod
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.
Hello fellow Undergroundians!!

Time for another custom card contest!! I will be judging this year. In the event I am unable to come to a decision, I will consult a trustworthy member of the moderator team to determine the winner. The parameters/judging points will be listed below:

1) Stats and Playability - Choose your stats and abilities carefully!! Your new creation will be play tested. Cost, attack values, defense, special abilities will all be evaluated. Please use a dictionary or some sort of spellchecker as well.

2) Overall Card Appearance - Self explanatory. Make it look nice.

3) Originality/Creativity - Make something new and unique.

4) Please TRY to make a D-Day/Bocage/Western Europe specific unit. After all, this is the D-Day card contest. However, if you have a unit that does not fit into that genre, please feel free to submit anyway.

5) Your submitted entry must have some sort of unique symbol, mark or style that trademarks it as your work.

6) Entry Deadline: June 6th, 2013 by 17:00 CST

7) Please submit all entries to me by Private Message.

8) Prize!!!!!! Winning entry will receive a Panzer IV H Commander. I am pretty sure that I can sweet talk Loco into a custom paint job!

_________________
Image


Fri May 10, 2013 2:29 am
Profile
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 1656
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.
:bowty:Got ya covered on the painting Kenny.

_________________
Image


Fri May 10, 2013 7:20 am
Profile
Mod
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.
Thanks, Loc!!! You have it over there in your motor pool, right???

_________________
Image


Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 am
Profile
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 1656
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.
:bowty:That is correctum sir.

_________________
Image


Sat May 11, 2013 9:34 am
Profile
The King
The King

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 4852
I would like to see a naval shore bombardment card... anyone want to take that on? perhaps a card for the anti-aircraft balloons, mine fields for the landing crafts, shoreline artillery guns, Rommel's asparagus, or dawn attack stats. just a few things I thought might be interesting and a little different.


Sat May 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Profile
Mod
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.
It is official!! The first entry has been received!!

You still have until the 6th of June to submit. About 2 weeks left.

_________________
Image


Wed May 22, 2013 5:08 pm
Profile
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am
Posts: 518
Location: At the Eastern edge of the Monacan Nation
I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?

_________________
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Image
Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24


Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:48 am
Profile
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 5026
Images: 56
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Centurion wrote:
I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?

Post it to photobucket or any other photo storage site and post the Image code in your PM and your good to go.

Did you get your prize package?

_________________
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image


Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am
Posts: 518
Location: At the Eastern edge of the Monacan Nation
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Centurion wrote:
I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?

Post it to photobucket or any other photo storage site and post the Image code in your PM and your good to go.

Did you get your prize package?


Yeah, thank you very much. The paras are very cool.

_________________
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Image
Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24


Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:46 pm
Profile
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 5026
Images: 56
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Centurion wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Centurion wrote:
I can't send mine! The PMs don't accept JPegs, or Portable Network Graphics (PNGs). I hope you open up a Phototshop Document (PSD), it seems to be my only option.

EDIT: PSDs don't work either. Trying a portable bitmap
Edit #2: BMPs don't work either. It might be easier to print the card and mail it. Got any ideas anyone?

Post it to photobucket or any other photo storage site and post the Image code in your PM and your good to go.

Did you get your prize package?


Yeah, thank you very much. The paras are very cool.

Your father should be able to give your Germans a pretty good fight now. :D

_________________
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image


Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.