Churchill card; time for an update.

Centurion

Churchill card; time for an update.

Unread post by Centurion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:25 pm

I've been looking at my Canadian Churchill III card quite a bit recently, and I realized something, this card has no SA that shows off its awesome suspensions or terrain clearing abilities. On Longstop Hill in North Africa this tank surprised the Germans, because they didn't think it could traverse the terrain. I think we need to pick a power such as Robust, Excellent Suspension, or Trench Crossing to characterize this awesome tank I just don't think it has been done justice by the card.

Thoughts or ideas?
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Churchill card; time for an update.

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Trench crossing?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 am

Yes, The Renault R-35 has it. "This unit can cross streams without making a movement roll." Not any good, I mean that was just one of my ideas.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 am

Centurion wrote:Yes, The Renault R-35 has it. "This unit can cross streams without making a movement roll." Not any good, I mean that was just one of my ideas.
I don't have any other SA's but I think the trench crossing would be best. However I now realize that you were looking for something new.

PS - Nice Sig!
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Not necessarily a new power, just give another one to the card and up the points. If we can think of one it would be of some use though.
I think if we were to add Trench crossing it would increase the points anywhere from 2-4 points, and the same for Excellent Suspension. I think robust is worth around 4-6 points.

Thanks about the signature, I liked Entek's, Rebel's and yours so I decided to make my own, and Artillery seemed like a good subject and after much haggling with the photoshop on Windows I made it, viola. Most of the time I use Mac, however, that's what I make my custom cards with.

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Ok here's what I'm thinking

Revised Version 1:
Chucrchill MK III 34pts
Speed 2 year 1942
Atk Inf. 7/7/6
Atk Veh. 11/9/8

Superior Armor 2
Excellent Suspension

Revised Version 2:

Churchill Mk. III 36pts.
Speed 2 year 1942
Atk Inf. 7/7/6
Atk Veh. 11/9/8

Superior Armor 2
Robust

Falcon59

Unread post by Falcon59 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:25 pm

Centurion wrote:Ok here's what I'm thinking

Revised Version 1:
Chucrchill MK III 34pts
Speed 2 year 1942
Atk Inf. 7/7/6
Atk Veh. 11/9/8

Superior Armor 2
Excellent Suspension

Revised Version 2:

Churchill Mk. III 36pts.
Speed 2 year 1942
Atk Inf. 7/7/6
Atk Veh. 11/9/8

Superior Armor 2
Robust
I like these suggestions, but think that they are too expensive.
Robust is NOT priced at 8 pts... Look at the Marders - II has open back and no robust, whereas the III does not have open back, but robust at the same price, only 1 year later...
More or less the same thing with the M3 and M5A1... AGB is nice, but the M5A1 also has more dice against INF.
So IMO 1-2 points at the most for robust...

Excellent Suspension is good, but is it 6 pts good?
I'd say more like 2 pts...

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Ok I'll take that into consideration, i Just didn't want a "floppy clown shoes" unit. However I do value Robust very highly. So 30 to 31 points is better I suppose.