Questions about HBF France 44 map

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

bartok

Questions about HBF France 44 map

Unread post by bartok » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Maybe some fellow gamers play with the HBF maps. I Never played in this map, so after a quickly reading, some dudes comes on my mind:

(UNIT MOVEMENT)
The last paragraph (...may not move through hexes containing others veh or infantry):
Means you can´t overstack in the movement phase. You need space to move in the hex. Obviously at the end of the movement phase, check for penalties (overstack)

-(STACKING WHILE MOVING)
Example. 3 russian soldiers in a hex, can the 1st german soldier move in the hex provoking DF? No?

Can you explain me the new "red rule".

- (ATTACK and DEFENSE)
Example of Paratroopers.

I dont understand why when Stug fires, neither paratrooper is able to make a sucessfull cover roll....Is Bombardment and Blast or only Blast? Paratroopers can make sucessfull (5,6) (inside buildings). Yeah, maybe Stug III D and SA Seasoned Crew (only 6 for paras).

-Stacking: We can updated the HBF 2 friendly units to the 3 units (1 vehicle) with "hit" penalties of the last WOTC rules.
Last edited by bartok on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful with Feldgendarmerie¡¡¡¡¡¡

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Questions about HBF France 44 map

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Ive never played on these maps but if the game is to remain fluid and playable I think movements should be allowed.

Example. 3 russian soldiers in a hex, can the 1st german soldier move in the hex provoking DF? No? I think it can move but defensive fire is applicable.

Can you explain me the new "red rule". - I think you can move through but because the movement won't go unnoticed there would be defensive fire

I dont understand why when Stug fires, neither paratrooper is able to make a sucessfull cover roll....Is Bombardment and Blast or only Blast? Paratroopers can make sucessfull (5,6) (inside buildings). Yeah, maybe Stug III D and SA Seasoned Crew (only 6 for paras). - I think that the percussion from the Stugs gun is something that you cannot hide from so no cover rolls
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

bartok

Unread post by bartok » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:13 pm

what about factory walls, curtm and me have same dude before playing online.
Can Mosin shoot Werhmacht like Partisan?
Partisan can shoot SS-F?
Mosin can´t see SS-F. Correct
Be careful with Feldgendarmerie¡¡¡¡¡¡

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:25 pm

IMHO is it may work like bluffs in the desert maps. Units next to the wall can be attacked and can see through the wall to attack

The Partisan can attack the WVI and the SS-P
The Mosin can attack the WVI but not the SS-P
The WVI can attack the Partisan and the Mosin
The SS-P can attack (if it has range with his pea-shooter) the Partisan only.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton