How often do you play your centurian?

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

How often do you play your centurian Tanks?

All the time
No votes
About half the time
8%
Occasionally
8%
Never
23%
I do not own any
62%

Total votes: 13

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

How often do you play your centurian?

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:12 pm

After watching the show over on WotC yesterday I decided to ask......How often do you play your Centurian Tanks? Its a what if 1946 unit but I was wondering if people use them a lot or they just collect dust.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: How often do you play your centurian?

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 pm

I play mine occasionally when we play a 1945-46 post war scenarios. They are useally against Russia in this type of match. Used it last about 5 months ago.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I haven't had one since I sold or traded my v1 vehicles off.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

DenisCourcy
Mod
Mod

Unread post by DenisCourcy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:43 pm

I started the game with the v2 and took decision not to buy vehicles of version 1.
Click on the image to access my blog.
(Written in Portuguese for Brazilians who enjoy this game.
Has automatic translation by google translator for three languages. English, French and Spanish.)

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Had to vote NEVER

I only on 1 and that is a "collectors piece" not intended for play (I keep one of each separate)

IMHO I would not play it very often as it has a quite vulnerable back. Once Killed one with 2 Stuka G at turn I (placed planes second. First spitfire protected his second one, second failed to hit the first stuke :D)

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:37 pm

I'd agree with RvM here. The relatively weak rear armor (for its cost anyway) always made me think twice about using it in a battle.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Pletch wrote:I'd agree with RvM here. The relatively weak rear armor (for its cost anyway) always made me think twice about using it in a battle.
Same with me. The venerable rear armor always made me wary. We did play them alot for a while. Then they were 50 points (back in the day) and it made more sense to build 2 Fireflys for roughly the same price. Never really got back to them again.

Anyways a couple of Fireflys and a gaggle of Stuarts are all you need for routing out the Axis opponent.

quack-quack
:crusader :crusader :crusader :crusader :crusader :sherman:
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:08 pm

It & an IS-3 are the only Heavy Tanks I do not have. My collection has:
2x Pershings
2X Veteran IS-2 (also can proxy them as regular IS-2)
2x Veteran Tiger I
2x Tiger I
1x King Tiger (Custom modded as a Commander Version, needs a nice paint job still)

I have only used my Tiger vs Pershing once, with clever movement of the Pershing & some very lucky rolling, the Tiger was defeated. The Longer Range of the Pershing vs Tiger also helped in this encounter. I also have not played Veteran IS-2/IS-2 vs Veteran Tiger/Tiger. The King Tiger also has not been on the Battlefield yet. Maybe someday they will get out in a High Point Game.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:14 pm

The veteran IS-2 is a lot of fun to play. Not being able to pin it down really levels the playing field against Germany in a hurry. Sometimes I build one heavy tank to anchor the armor group down and the rest are generally mediums. Although I must say my 3 new Achilles 17 pounder TDs are getting lots of gameplay. :D
~Gen. G.S. Patton