Underground Arsenal - Truck Order thread

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Re: Underground Arsenal - Truck Order thread

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Locozugmeister wrote:
curtm1911 wrote:No Hurricanes or Earthquakes in Arizona.........just HEAT in the Summer, but being able to wear shorts & Tshirts in December can be fun........:D
:bowty: I've been contemplating that move when I retire from the Railroad in 8 years. My best friend whom I grew up with lives in Tucson and keeps on me about going there.

You have a Wise Friend.

Tucson is usually a couple degrees cooler than Phoenix in the summer, just the low 100's & gets a bit more rain in the Monsoon Season. People on Tucson refer to Phoenix as "That L.A. Clone to the North, a series of Adobe villages connected by Circle K's". It is also a bit more Liberal than Phoenix in it's politics, but Mount Lemmon is a wonderful place to get out of town. Pima Air & Space Museum is also a great place to see, highly recommended.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:54 pm

:bowty: FINALLY!!!! 60 deg. today and I got all the trucks primered before the next wave of cold and rain sets in tonight. I hope to be able to start the base painting this week. Once I have the base colors done I'll start the detail painting.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:09 am

:bowty: Got a day off from work today :D which let me get the Polish trucks painted in the green base coat. I'll be starting the detail painting soon along with getting the Italian trucks base coated.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:29 pm

The Izuzu trucks went out for some sun today after being cooped up in the paint shop so long. They have been ink washed, they need is some dry brushing and some details painted for completion.
The attachment IMG_4560.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
IMG_4560.JPG
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 pm

:bowty: Looks like the Japanese trucks are coming along fine Ober. I've taken advantage of a free day off from the railroad and the 72 deg. wether to get the Italian trucks base painted. I also have half of the Polish trucks detail painted and hope to finish that phase today. I'll post some pics this evening of my progress.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sat May 04, 2013 9:10 pm

:bowty:Here's a couple pics of what the painted Polish trucks and Italian Lancia trucks look like before the wash. I have all 10 of the Polish finished to this stage and I'm working on the 8 Lancias currently. I'll post some of the other trucks as I get to them.

Polish truck
100_2546.JPG
100_2547.JPG
Italian Lancia
100_2544.JPG
100_2545.JPG

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Tue May 28, 2013 4:43 am

:bowty: Just wanted to update everybody on my progress. I have finished all the detail painting on the 10 Polish trucks as well as the Italian Lancia and Dovunque 35 transport trucks. I'm currently working on the detail painting of the 24 Dovunque 35s with the Breda Modello 35 AA guns. This part will take me a little longer due to the figures that are part of each gun and truck. Again I'd like to thank everyone for their patience on this project. I think these will be worth the wait.

Thanks guys,

Loco

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Futher to what Loco said, the Izuzu and CMP trucks are finished and in the mail to Loco and should arrive by weeks end.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed May 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Thank you guys very much for your hard work on all these!
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:18 pm

:bowty: Here's a pic of the first Italian Dovunque truck with the Breda Modello 35. It can be mounted in the truck or mounted on a base freeing the truck to haul troops.
100_2580.JPG
100_2579.JPG
I have all the guns mounted and started the painting on these.
100_2581.JPG