Squid no more!

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Pletch

Squid no more!

Unread post by Pletch » Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 am

Gaming Models has put out a couple US artillery pieces and among them, the 3in M5 AT gun! If you want a more "to scale" piece for relatively cheap, I imagine these ought to do it for you.

http://www.gamodls.com/Scripts/NewItems.htm

Personally I'm interested in what other artillery pieces might come along as time goes on. They've already got a decent selection of German AAA pieces.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Re: Squid no more!

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:45 pm

That is a much nicer/realistic looking piece compared to what we have now. The 8" Moblie ART is a sweet unit also. I'd use it in any USA build, gotta have serious numbers for it! The 57MM is a good addition for the USA too.

All the pieces there are pretty neat too, lotsa new possibilities for interesting builds for the countries depicted.

Audacity

Unread post by Audacity » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Are they pretty robust for handling?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu May 02, 2013 1:41 pm

You know if I was to complain about the worst sculpt in AAM it would be the 3" ATG, but ive never attemped to replace them with an aftermarket mini. I guess thats because I don't use them alot, I like ATGs but I just don't like that one very much. These look a lot more robust than the Old Glory versions I was eyeing.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Thu May 02, 2013 9:37 pm

I haven't had any of the breakage problems with Gaming Models some others have reported. It's made of a more rigid material than the AAM plastic. I wouldn't try dropping them off the table repeatedly.

Although if you're a stickler for "the look", you'll probably want to base them somehow anyway. I imagine you wouldn't have any troubles at all then.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:45 pm

I've been looking into Gaming Models the other day, and other than the fact that they have no base, I want them on bases because of breakage issues, I liked them alot, and emailed Craig about other artillery minis, he said to send him a list of things I want to see. I was thinking of the 6-pounder ATG and 20mm Flak 38, with of those the WotC minis don't impress me.

Craig is a really nice guy, got back to me promptly. I'm definently going to order from him when I get the chance. I may sell alot of my minis and replace them with his.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24