Made a big leap

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Centurion

Made a big leap

Unread post by Centurion » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 pm

I'm proud to say I'm no longer a V2 snob, totally rejecting V1 items, I am now open to using my V1s, although some like L3?35 still irk me a little, that thing is way too small. But things like the Hetzer are close to V2 Scale.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Made a big leap

Unread post by dano903 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Once you get pass the v1 and v2 issue, the next step is to accept other brands as fill-ins. I should have mixed the two scales when I started.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Outstanding! You will get so many other options for army building when considering V1 units. Stuff like the Easy Eights, Elite Panzers, IS-2 & IS-3, BM-13's and etc will all make you more competitive. The other bonus is a lot of the V1 stuff can be pretty cheap and available compared with the 15mm sculpts.

Has your Dad tried out any of the US stuff like the Easy Eight you got a while back?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Not yet, its been pretty hectic, hopefully this week, maybe even tonight, I finally have reason to use my Vet. Tiger thanks to you Ober.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Centurion wrote:Not yet, its been pretty hectic, hopefully this week, maybe even tonight, I finally have reason to use my Vet. Tiger thanks to you Ober.
Oh no! After he squares off against the Vet Tiger he might not be thanking me for the E8. :lol: Have fun!
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:26 am

The battle will be on Wednesday hopefully, I'm planning out my army now. He'll be using a U.S. Infantry Platoon, and a U.S. Sherman Platoon from the official AH platoons. I'm thinking of using this:

2x Elite StuG III Ausf. G
1x Hetzer
2x Veteran Wehrmacht Infantrymen
1x Mauser
1x MG 42
1x Oberleutenant
1x 7.5 cm lelG18

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Centurion wrote:The battle will be on Wednesday hopefully, I'm planning out my army now. He'll be using a U.S. Infantry Platoon, and a U.S. Sherman Platoon from the official AH platoons. I'm thinking of using this:

2x Elite StuG III Ausf. G
1x Hetzer
2x Veteran Wehrmacht Infantrymen
1x Mauser
1x MG 42
1x Oberleutenant
1x 7.5 cm lelG18
Looks like a good match on the horizion. My money is on the US if they can get by the stugs for a rear shot.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:55 am

My new goal is to great three of every vehicle I already have except for my Tiger,s Easy 8s, Centurion and Panzer H. Commander.

Panzer Commander

Unread post by Panzer Commander » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Centurion wrote:My new goal is to great three of every vehicle I already have except for my Tiger,s Easy 8s, Centurion and Panzer H. Commander.
Myself, I cannot get enought Tigers! I have two '39-'45 sculpts, one Vet, one EF and a FOW custom painted I bought off e-bay for $5.00!! And I still want more!! :tiger:

Also enjoying my Peter Pig Centurion and Easy 8, both painted by Ober. :D

Now looking to supplement my Panther holdings . . .