Poland historical builds

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

thepanzerguy

Poland historical builds

Unread post by thepanzerguy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 pm

I am starting on a grand project to do an Invasion of Poland Campaign, with a map made of territories, not a group of scenarios that lead to each other. So, I need to put together the starting forces for each nation, which brings me to Poland. For infantry formations, (which mad up most of Poland's army) I was thinking about having a core of Kar 98's and determined infantrymen, some AT guns (for non-vehicle AT capability), and some MG's. Which MG unit should I proxy as a Polish MG? I was thinking about using a Vickers. For Cavalry brigades, I read that each one had a recon unit of about 20 tankettes/armored cars, so I was thinking of adding 1 TKS to each group of Cavalrymen. Any motorized cavalry units should have 2 tankettes instead of one. For Tank Battalions, I was thinking about having 2 7TP's (either variant), and one TKS, supported by a few AT guns, some infantry, and an MG or 2. All these formations will include Polish officers. Also, I might add some trucks to the formations with AT guns or non-Cavalry infantry. Which truck should I proxy as a Polish truck? I would prefer that proxies be from actually printed sets or from game models. So, what do you think?

RichtervonManthofen

Re: Poland historical builds

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 am

The Polish used both the US M1919 ands the Russian Maxim M1910 (as such the Brit Vickers also does) - But I assume basically you could use all models (the Poles used MG 08, Schwazlose too for example those can be proxied by the Chinese, French Italian, ... MGs)

trucks - I think (as stats are equal) I would use the Russian Truck and call it a Polski Fiat ;)

Also think to include the BAR and the Russian Anti Tank Rifle (PTRD as stand in for the wz 35 ATR)

I asue the Brixia is a good stand in for the Granatnik Wz 36

THe German 20mm AA gun is a nice proxy for the Nkm wz.38 FK

thepanzerguy

Re: Poland historical builds

Unread post by thepanzerguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:32 am

Thanks for the good suggestions.