OstubafEgon's cards on the Database

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

OstubafEgon's cards on the Database

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:35 pm

A while back when OstubafEgon left gaming I acquired publication/edit rights to his custom cards he created and posted here and on the Forumini. Ive been sitting on them for a while contemplating the right time to add them to the database. Time is starting to become more available so I thought I would ask the question now.

My question: Would OstubafEgon's cards be used if placed in the card database?

Having asked the question they would be accessed through an "Unofficial Cards" tab or checkbox that will be added to the database so they won't be confused with the AAM revised cards. They would of course be searchable and printable.

Cheers
Ober
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Re: OstubafEgon's cards on the Database

Unread post by Centurion » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 am

I like the idea because he had some awesome customs, and lately, some have been disappearing due to photobucket removals I think, I'm not sure, plus they would load faster than they do on the posts.
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

Audacity

Unread post by Audacity » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:20 am

I'd like access to them by this means. I love the searchable printable format.

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:42 am

Seems like a good idea to me. This game will continue to be driven by the players for the foreseeable future so might as well offer well designed and thought out cards. Will these display with his design/fonts/pictures/etc?

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:07 am

Can't remember which cards he did, but I would give them a go as long as they don't contradict official cards (repricing rewording of SAs) As long as they are "new" units or "new" variations.

Panzer Commander

Unread post by Panzer Commander » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Great idea, Ober! OstubafEgon's cards were great and covered many units not covered otherwise in AAM. And to RvM's point, I believe he had a few which were alterations of official units in the game, but they were typically different configurations of those units (such as the flamethrower version, etc.) They would definitely be used!!

martin

Unread post by martin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:50 am

Yes. Put them in an Unofficial category as you have suggested.