12/26/2013

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Re: 12/26/2013

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: No need for lightning bolts. I agree with the +1 to cover for the stone buildings and maybe the same for the Bombardment SA in a stone building. I'll make the changes.

Here's the revision trying to keep the stone buildings a step up from the wood ones:

Building hexes:
Only soldiers may enter a building hex. Vehicles may not enter a building hex.
Soldiers in building (stone & wood) hexes may make a cover roll at -1 against attacks with the bombardment SA.

Wood buildings:
Wood buildings that occupy a hex with a small white center dot are considered a level = 1 building.
Wood buildings that occupy single or multiple hexes containing a large white center square are considered a level = 2 building.
Soldiers in a wood building make normal cover rolls.

Stone buildings:
Stone buildings that occupy a hex with a small white center dot are considered a level = 1 building
Stone buildings that occupy single or multiple hexes containing a large white center square are considered to be level = 2 buildings.
Soldiers in a stone building get +1 to their cover rolls.

I like these, I think they keep things from being too overpowered & very playable. I have also been playing the LOS rules as you. If the LOS does not touch the building/woods/other obstacle, it is clear. This opens up some nasty firing lines that the Normal AAM rules do not allow & makes games more, shall we say, Interesting.....lol.....also it can make units be either in or out of the building as well as vehicles can be in the hex on the outside of the building. They are very interesting boards for this game for sure.

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:47 am

BUMPING to find out if these boards still see use by anyone who has them besides me.

I have an Eastern Front idea in mind., ok, a couple really, but one is all 4 "Hedgerow Hell" boards. The bridge & the "Walled Settlements" as the objectives. This is what has become of my "Soon to be Played" Eastern Front battle mentioned in that section. The German build stays the same, the Russians had some "Changes" to it's build.

Anyway, more to come in the near future, I sadly have too much time to keep busy while not enough to play of late.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 pm

curtm1911 wrote:BUMPING to find out if these boards still see use by anyone who has them besides me.

I have an Eastern Front idea in mind., ok, a couple really, but one is all 4 "Hedgerow Hell" boards. The bridge & the "Walled Settlements" as the objectives. This is what has become of my "Soon to be Played" Eastern Front battle mentioned in that section. The German build stays the same, the Russians had some "Changes" to it's build.

Anyway, more to come in the near future, I sadly have too much time to keep busy while not enough to play of late.
I don't think there many of us left Curt......mabie 6 or something like that. Unfortunately people get bored and move on to new games when when the old ones go out of fashion. Loco can't log in anymore sine he converted to Windows 10. Oh well :(
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:19 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
curtm1911 wrote:BUMPING to find out if these boards still see use by anyone who has them besides me.

I don't think there many of us left Curt......mabie 6 or something like that. Unfortunately people get bored and move on to new games when when the old ones go out of fashion. Loco can't log in anymore sine he converted to Windows 10. Oh well :(
I misunderstood this at first as well Ober. But I think curt is talking some game boards "Hedgerow Hell" I don't actually recall exactly but I think some of the AAM boards were Hedgerow or a scenario of that sort, and there is also Memoir 44 had some boards or a game called that. I unfortunately don't play these days but someday expect to again. When ??????????????

As far as the underground board yes I'm not real happy that it seems to be fading. I did notice a few weeks ago 40 some people were hanging out here and this morning there were 20 - but I don't know what they're checking out because I don't see any views increasing by that much. And Yeah - I'd say about 6 or so:

Ober, Dano, Curt, Stalker, Rvm, me, ????? I miss Loco's additions............I won't be making any contributions till winter and unfortunately its just the modeling.

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:03 pm

The boards I am talking about were actually from Deluxe ASL. Avalon Hill made 2 mapsets with 2.25" hexes for Advanced Squad Leader. They were for 1/220 scale microarmor & to reduce the hassle of stacks of cardboard squares. "Streets of Fire" is 4 city boards & "Hedgerow Hell" is 4 boards Rural/Bocage. I think Loco found them, there are pictures in this thread of a game but not my pics.

Anyway, as far as AAM, I'm in it till I croak. I'll even keep trying to create some scenarios that are hopefully fun & challenging,, wish me luck. I will include a few custom units but nothing too crazy I hope. The Autoblinda Commander will see action....woohoo!!!

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:07 am

I am watching those boards more than actually playing - - I somehow dropped oput from the aaminis site early this year - sigh - probably too much War at sea talk.

Maybe during winter season I will start a new campaign game, may post more then ;)