Round robin AAM

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

george s. rommel

Round robin AAM

Unread post by george s. rommel » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Round robin AAM is an activity where somebody puts 10 axis and allies miniatures in a box and sends it to someone, when that person receives it he can take as many miniatures he wants out of it but he must put back the same amount of miniatures he took with miniatures he doesn't want. He then sends it to another person and so on and so forth anyone up for it?

I need at least 5 to 10 people in order for it to work.

members:
George s. Rommel
Dano
Richter
Last edited by george s. rommel on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Round robin AAM

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:21 am

so there's a set number of people involved, and the first person that sent the first box gets the last pick? sounds interesting... make a list of names, and do random delivery order. anyone involved shouldn't be forced to go first, and everyone can reveal what they received at the end of the rounds. probably no cards needed...just in case. the pieces would need to be AAM land only? should these be a round robin W@S and A20? just thinking outloud.

good idea!

there should also be a time limit as to how long you can hold the pieces before shipping them out. We would have to make some arrangements for int'l. members.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:39 am

edit: there should also be a minimum level of minis... ie.

the first box should start with 4 rares, 3 uncommon and 3 common. You could pull whatever you would like, but they should be replaced with a minimum of status pieces. I hope you know what I mean, and not how I said it. If i'm the guy 9th in line, I don't want to receive a box full of common pieces. i'm just saying...:)

george s. rommel

Unread post by george s. rommel » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:45 am

Yea I agree! I know their aren't a lot of people who regularly get on these forums so even if we only get 5 people that's a good start. just to clarify though here's an example so no one gets confused

Fake person 1 puts together 10 miniatures he no longer needs or wants and sends it to fake person number 2, the box contains 3 shermans, 5 various infantry and 2 artillery units. for every unit he takes he must put back one of his units. fake person number 2 takes the shermans and one artilary piece and replaces them with an 88 a nashorn and 2 atalian tanks and sends it to the next person till it's eventualy comes back to fake person number 1.

so can I count you in dano?

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 am

I can do this. we would have to have a solid list of members.

george s. rommel

Unread post by george s. rommel » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:09 pm

ok well I'll give this, till the end of next week and if nobody wants to I'll end it :)

george s. rommel

Unread post by george s. rommel » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:49 pm

this is the last week to sign up, if you want free minis post here

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:42 pm

i am inerested, but i am in europe...

george s. rommel

Unread post by george s. rommel » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:48 pm

it's ok! you're signed up.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:46 am

how about this... we should end the round with RvM. that might save on shipping and time back to the US. since the shipping will run a few dollars more, I can be the second to the last, and ship to RvM. if there's a second person across the pond, we'll end with one of them??? any thoughts?

again...great idea Rommel