"Messerspit"

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

"Messerspit"

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:02 pm

My question is:

Is this piece enough of an oddity that it should remain as is or is it worth doing a Repaint on it to add to the Luftwaffe, mine is kinda thin right now.

If this should be in Painting Section, feel free to move it there Ober/dano....

Thanks for any thoughts folks.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: "Messerspit"

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Unlike many production mistakes I don't think the Messerspit will be anything your going to retire on like say, Higgins Boats. :lol:

Go ahead and give her some paint.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Unlike many production mistakes I don't think the Messerspit will be anything your going to retire on like say, Higgins Boats. :lol:

Go ahead and give her some paint.

My Minis are not my Retirement Fund Ober, they are total recreational here, thanks for the clarity on this.

I kinda figured it was about to change sides & get a new paint job for it.

Using the Stats for AAAF planes from the database, my Air Forces just got a lot more fun.

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:27 am

Give it a new paintjob and send the spare cards to me ;)

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:04 pm

RichtervonManthofen wrote:Give it a new paintjob and send the spare cards to me ;)
I will Repaint the Messerspit, but regarding extra/spare cards, I keep them for when I do a trade, not that I have a lot of trade fodder but it does happen on occasion. Let me look through them some & maybe we can work something out. This is the best I can do. Let me know what cards you might want & if they are from pieces I won't be trading, I think we can do this. Since the printer here is KAPUT, I just look up the stats & handwrite a card for what I need.