Plans for Maize-con II October 2016

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Plans for Maize-con II October 2016

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:09 pm

:bowty: Maize-con II

The planning has started for the next Maize-con here in Waterloo, Ia. The dates are set. October 7th, 8th and, 9th of 2016. The event will be held at the Clarion Inn University Plaza in Cedar Falls, Ia., the same location as last years event. All who attended last year had a great time playing the game we like so well and the many new friendships that were made with other forum members. Here’s a link to some of the pictures from last years event.
http://www.axisandalliesunderground.com ... f=3&t=2065
The Clarion Inn has extended the same rates for sleeping rooms and the game room as last year. Rooms will be $89.00 per night for a Queen or a Double room. Some players shared the cost of a Double to save some cash. The large game room will be $150.00 per day same as last year. In order to cover the game room rental we will be asking each player to pay a single day entrance fee of $15.00 per day or, $30.00 entrance fee for all 3 days. There will be no charge for wives and children who attend with a paid player. If you want to make your reservation with the Clarion Inn there’s a link at the bottom of this post. Just let them know your part of Maize-con game group and get the discounted price.

We are planning a couple multi-player games for this event. Jim one of our members has been working on his first scenario - The relief of Stalingrad - which will be a 3 part mini-campaign played by 2 Russian players and 2 German players. We’ve been playtesting this one for the last 2 months and we’ll have it ready soon. We’ll also have a large 6 player game that KennyJ and I are working on. This will be the - Battle for Berlin. This will have a neat twist to it. Both of these games as well as others will feature 3D scenery from Dano and some custom minis. We’ll have space available for WaS and Angle’s 20 for those who play. We’ll be playing some Bolt Action and any other war games. I have many available.

For anybody that’s into the Star Wars X-wing game we’ll be having a one day tournament on Saturday since we have many players of that game here in the Cedar Valley as well.

I’ll be posting more as time goes by.
Here's a couple pix of the gaming area we will be using.
100_2751.JPG
100_2751.JPG (59 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
View as you walk in. Resturant & Bar on right, Gaming area on left.
100_2750.JPG
100_2750.JPG (68.31 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
Gaming area.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I’ll do my best to get you an answer. Here’s the info for the Clarion Inn University Plaza in Cedar Falls, IA.

http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-cedar ... iowa-IA188

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Plans for Maize-con II October 2016

Unread post by dano903 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:46 am

I'm planning to go next year. I hope to purchase my ticket in April. I'll send a bunch of stuff out prior to going out there. if there are some early request...the more time, the better. The double beds and the pancake mix will go fast... be sure to reserve one of them when you get there.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Count me in on this one, sounds like fun!
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:51 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Count me in on this one, sounds like fun!
:bowty: Yes........ :party: I hope Gunther gets the Kubel all tuned up, polished and ready roll Herr Ober or, will Uncle A let you take the Mercedes G4 Staff car?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:35 am

Just getting ready to book the tickets in the next few weeks. The wife wants to come so we will have enough airmiles to get oneways to Waterloo so we will be taking a collection to get home. If we can't raise the cash we will be moving in with Loco. :Tout:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:29 pm

:bowty: Bring paints and minis.....and a couple sleeping bags :-)

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:31 am

I have m flight booked! I arrive on the 6th...Thursday around 3:03m.

I arrive in Chicago around 11:15am and depart to Waterloo at 1:50pm. ETA to Waterloo is 3:03pm.

I leave on Monday around 3pm from Waterloo. My flight will run me $440 +/-, plus 4 nights at the hotel. I'll be selling some minis and providing crafting services to pay for this! :) Will Craft to play at Maize Con!!! This is the shortest and cheapest flight I can book, especially compared to the last one.

Can't wait! See you there!

We'll have the gaming room Friday thru Monday. Starting early Friday was a big treat as we were able to get some meet and greet time in! We were able to start bright and early Friday with some extreme AAM, and had a blast! I'll try to book a double if someone could use a bed.
Edit: I'll also save my credit card points for lots of snacks to share!

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:11 pm

OK - so I thought about actually trying to go to this - but even if I win the lottery - I don't think I can make it - as my last will be getting married the week after the convention. That means I'll be pretty busy - more than likely.

Anything I can do to help from here - let me know. I may make some donations in the form of previous forum purchases, or if there is something special I could do - I could take some time to try and get it done. Let me know.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:49 pm

dano903 wrote:I have m flight booked! I arrive on the 6th...Thursday around 3:03m.

I arrive in Chicago around 11:15am and depart to Waterloo at 1:50pm. ETA to Waterloo is 3:03pm.

I leave on Monday around 3pm from Waterloo. My flight will run me $440 +/-, plus 4 nights at the hotel. I'll be selling some minis and providing crafting services to pay for this! :) Will Craft to play at Maize Con!!! This is the shortest and cheapest flight I can book, especially compared to the last one.

Can't wait! See you there!

We'll have the gaming room Friday thru Monday. Starting early Friday was a big treat as we were able to get some meet and greet time in! We were able to start bright and early Friday with some extreme AAM, and had a blast! I'll try to book a double if someone could use a bed.
Edit: I'll also save my credit card points for lots of snacks to share!
We are looking at flying into Chicago on the 5th and renting as car and driving to Waterloo to see some of the country. It appears to be around a 8 - 10 hour drive so we will likely do an overnight along the way. We have decided to book the plane tickets in late May once we accumulate some more air-miles and get our income tax return. Once we are done in Waterloo we will spend the rest of the following week in Chicago sightseeing and etc.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:24 pm

:bowty:What are you talking about Ober, is Gunther driving? It's a 3 to 4 hour drive to the Quad Cities (where I use to live) and then another 2 hours to Waterloo from there. It's faster to take Interstate 88 West to the QC but, it is a toll road for part of the trip. It cuts about an hour off the trip and easier to get to from O'hare Airport. I-80 is way South of the Airport and you'll spend a couple hours snarlled up in traffic. Then get on I-80 West and go to Iowa City/ Coralville and get on I-380 North straight to Waterloo.