Wow

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Wow

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:26 pm

A case of eastern front Boosters (12) on Ebay for a whopping $510.00 usd or $42.50 per booster

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Axis-Allies-CMG- ... SwgQ9Vih8s
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Stalker6

Re: Wow

Unread post by Stalker6 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 pm

I never understand this. As a frequent buyer and reseller of units, I don't see how anybody looks at/pays for these high booster prices and see any value from them. There are very few combinations of units that would equal $42+ in a booster (even at inflated MM individual prices).

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Its mind boggling when you could take the $510 and cherry pick the units you want on ebay without the randomness of cases of boosters. However, its likely to sell at some point, just not to you or I.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:00 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Its mind boggling when you could take the $510 and cherry pick the units you want on ebay without the randomness of cases of boosters. However, its likely to sell at some point, just not to you or I.
Or me -

I had a hard time when it was 110-120 range with the 9 minis never mind the 5 - went from a dollar a mini to almost 2 - crazy. I paid it though - and I did enjoy opening them up.

Now its more fun making them when I get a chance.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Yea, remember the excitement of a new set being released and all the joy and disappointments that came after. Having to stop on the way home from the game store to toss out the booster box so I could sneak minis into the house without my wife knowing. lol

Oh the good ole days!
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:29 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Yea, remember the excitement of a new set being released and all the joy and disappointments that came after. Having to stop on the way home from the game store to toss out the booster box so I could sneak minis into the house without my wife knowing. lol

Oh the good ole days!
Yupe! It was like being a kid again - when I was 52 - 53. Just over10 years ago............... WOW! time flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just thought of something.............. Collectibles are like Schrödinger's cat .............. Until you open the box, you don't know what reality exists? Either a stretch on my part or a Psychological state? Just weird thoughts.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:29 pm

somehow the last post - posted twice.......... so I edited this one to this:

Schrödinger's cat

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:44 pm

I love quantum mechanics but Schrödinger's cat experiment is a bit over my head. :Kitty:
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:37 pm

:bump: My brain hurts now.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:34 pm

Locozugmeister wrote::bump: My brain hurts now.
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:I love quantum mechanics but Schrödinger's cat experiment is a bit over my head. :Kitty:
I didn't mean for it to really be about quantum mechanics so much - more just the basic idea of:

"Put a cat in a box and after a time you don't know if the cat is alive or dead until you open the box."

So.... Until you open a box of mini's you don't know if you have the rare/uncommon/common that you want or just a filler. How many of us wanted those SSpanzergrenadiers from the first set. I guess it was more of the curiosity got the cat, than Schrödinger's cat ------ but I still wonder about the Psychology of the whole thing (ignore that)................................