Map

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Stalker6

Re: Map

Unread post by Stalker6 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:00 am

I found this one, it seems to be a variant of the one you have. Not sure if it is older or newer?

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... ROmapV.jpg

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:02 am

Also found several smaller "sections" of the map. These would be pretty easy to turn into 2"-3" hex versions I think.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Porta ... Sample.jpg

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Stalker6 wrote:I found this one, it seems to be a variant of the one you have. Not sure if it is older or newer?

It is certainly a variant of a Stalingrad map, my guess is it is a later version. It looks even better than the one I have. It has more rivershore it looks like.

The sections look good also. Appears there are options out there...:D

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Stalker6 wrote:I found this one, it seems to be a variant of the one you have. Not sure if it is older or newer?

Nice map. I like the factory area, much better than the WotC factory map. There appears to be lines of sight between the buildings which would make for interesting gameplay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a massive Stalingrad map I made a few years ago in high res. It is 2 sheets X 2 sheets. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280 ... et%202.jpg
stalingrad 4 sheet 2.jpg
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:58 am

If there is enough interest, I will see if Carrion can break the map up into printable sheets. Printing costs would be pretty low, probably in the $10-15 range, but shipping these in the round tubes can get somewhat expensive. If I remember correctly it was around $18 for the states and $26+ for Canada.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:21 pm

:bowty: @ Stalker - I have some Triangle mailers from the US Postal service which can be used for these kind of items. Check with them on it. Not sure on the price but, I believe there Priority Mail.

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:17 pm

I know that Multi Man Publushing has the Advanced Squad Leader production currently. If all those old maps could be enlarged for AAM that would add lots of neat maps!

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:18 pm

:bowty: Another good source of maps that would need enlarging is the ones from Tide of Iron.

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: Another good source of maps that would need enlarging is the ones from Tide of Iron.

Never seen them but there is no such thing as too many maps....:D

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:17 am

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: Another good source of maps that would need enlarging is the ones from Tide of Iron.
We play with the cardboard ToI maps. We have the NW Europe and Desert maps. They are quite good but some house ruling is required and they are 2" hexes.
ToI US Forces (3).JPG
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton