AAM Units database released

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

martin

Re: AAM Units database released

Unread post by martin » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:46 am

Thanks. I use the card database a lot to look up stuff I do not have and even stuff I do have.

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 pm

I have noticed that if you do not get a unit's name exactly correct, you do not get the information about it. It is a Great Resource though & for people like myself who is still learning all the units, I use it quite a lot. Learn the units, print the cards when my printer works...lol...proxy when needed & enjoy some Battling. I really like this game & now also enjoy painting & modeling terrain. I like repainting some of my vehicles now as well. Dano, Loco & Ober got me to try it, now it is time spent between games painting & whatnot...Thanks guys...lol

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 pm

curtm1911 wrote:I have noticed that if you do not get a unit's name exactly correct, you do not get the information about it. It is a Great Resource though & for people like myself who is still learning all the units, I use it quite a lot. Learn the units, print the cards when my printer works...lol...proxy when needed & enjoy some Battling. I really like this game & now also enjoy painting & modeling terrain. I like repainting some of my vehicles now as well. Dano, Loco & Ober got me to try it, now it is time spent between games painting & whatnot...Thanks guys...lol
Thats true Kurt but you can use it to your benifit when searching. Say you don't know the exact spelling of the Flammenwerfer 35 you can put any part of it you remember, like Flam or werf , enter them and click search and you will get all entries with that text combination then simply select the correct card and you can view it. The reason mis-spells won't search is because incorrect letters in the mis-spelled words don't match anything in the database so it shows nothing.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks for that info Ober, I'll give that a try when I don't know exact titles or unit names.
Overall, this is a Great Resource Tool, I use it quite frequently.
Last edited by curtm1911 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:20 pm

If you are unsure of spelling, filter your search by unit types and nations. Vehicle, tank, Germany for example will list only one screen of units. This is also a great way to find alternative units you didn't even know they exist, for example elite or veteran units...

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:03 am

sismis wrote:If you are unsure of spelling, filter your search by unit types and nations. Vehicle, tank, Germany for example will list only one screen of units. This is also a great way to find alternative units you didn't even know they exist, for example elite or veteran units...
While using this method to search, I did it for USSR, it did not show the IS-2 Veteran Tank. It also does not show when specifically using the unit name. Does this mean that it is not in the database & needs to be added?

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 am

I did find it through filter or searching by is-2

http://www.aamcardbase.com/unit_AAM.asp ... -2+Veteran

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:04 pm

The database dues have been paid for another year, enjoy!
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton