AAM Units database released

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

sismis

Re: AAM Units database released

Unread post by sismis » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Minis image is actually a good idea.. we can put real image on the back of the card..
@mmarfox: Ober mentioned it while in development but it wasn't ready yet..

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:13 pm

A year range as been added to the dbase. So you you may now specify a year range for your searches. This should help when building armies that have date restrictions. So if you are playing Germany from 39-42 you should be able to look at all the units in that range at a glance in the search window.

Cheers
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

aarules

Unread post by aarules » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 pm

That's helpful if I need to look up a unit for the play by post matches if I don't have it. Thanks!

joebunda

Unread post by joebunda » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:19 pm

2 quick things...

- I have jpegs of all the AAM minis. For sets 1-7 they are about 3kb each. For sets 8-10 they are about 25kb each (but could be reduced easily). If you can use them let me know where to send them.
- The Polish Officer card uses the wrong wording for the SA Coordinated Fire (WoTC issue using the same SA name with 2 different wordings). It should read "Friendly Soldiers adjacent to this unit roll 1 extra attack die when attacking units that this unit has attacked this turn."

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:34 pm

We are going to add all the images and the feeling seems to be to use the actual units for the cards, so its easier to find the correct units. So yes we could use some more images if you are offering them. Thanks.

Fixed the Polish Officer, Thanks for the heads up.

pfclt put in the Forumini General cards and now we are figuring out how to display them along with the unit cards without confusing new players.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:03 pm

I can't get it to show the Soviet Conscript card, what am I doing wrong?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:24 pm

curtm1911 wrote:I can't get it to show the Soviet Conscript card, what am I doing wrong?
Once you have searched the unit just click on its text and another window will open with with the card. I just worked for me so it could be a issue with your pop-up blocker. Look acroos the top of your browser window to see if the pop-up blocker is causing the issue when you click on the unit. Keep me posted if the problem persists I will see if sismis can look at it.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:54 pm

FieldMarshall wrote:
curtm1911 wrote:I can't get it to show the Soviet Conscript card, what am I doing wrong?
Once you have searched the unit just click on its text and another window will open with with the card. I just worked for me so it could be a issue with your pop-up blocker. Look acroos the top of your browser window to see if the pop-up blocker is causing the issue when you click on the unit. Keep me posted if the problem persists I will see if sismis can look at it.
That was what I was not doing, got it going now, I was clicking where it says card. Thanks for the info.
Last edited by curtm1911 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joebunda

Unread post by joebunda » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:54 pm

joebunda wrote: - The Polish Officer card uses the wrong wording for the SA Coordinated Fire (WoTC issue using the same SA name with 2 different wordings). It should read "Friendly Soldiers adjacent to this unit roll 1 extra attack die when attacking units that this unit has attacked this turn."
Not sure how you coded the card display, but I expect you are pulling SA's from the database and the card is basically just a background image for the report. I assume this, because fixing Coordinated Fire for the Polish Officer broke it for the M1 Garand.

You might need to create a new field with a hidden character to distinguish them. (I think this is the only instance of two SA's with the same name)

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 am

One quick problem, the New Zealanders are in two different categories of NZ, meaning if you search for them you'll either get Daimler Dingo, or the Inf and Capt. Not a big one, but might want to correct it.

There is a WAS version of this database, vey similar, but you can't search for SA's, like on yours... just though I'd throw it out there! :D
http://was.tamgc.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A&A Underground- Minis, Maps, Models and More!
If you want a custom map, please PM me.