Iwo Jima

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Audacity

Re: Iwo Jima

Unread post by Audacity » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 am

The hex template is great! I have done countless maps drawing them out tracing a single hex. Sure I went off a bit but it was still plenty playable.

uncle_sean

Unread post by uncle_sean » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:04 am

dano903 wrote:
uncle_sean wrote:Where are the rules for this scenario? I'm making this map 3D (http://kahlich.wordpress.com/2013/08/26 ... iniatures/) and can't wait to play it!
as mentioned... great idea with the making of the board. I really like the use of the hex template you have. It does look like you can get a better match to the board when making multiple hexes on a board like that. the foam board is great for a light weight but strong material to use. I would like a close-up on the river hexes, and the method you used for flocking.

thanks for the how-to; however, you left one VERY important part out... how do you convince the "significant other" to let you make and store this?!?!???
:)

thanks again for the post!
I get to store them in a closet at work, so it all works out!

I can try and get a close up for you soon, but as far as flocking, I got a spray bottle and filled it with hobby glue (not tacking) and sprayed the surface. Then I filled up a spice shaker with medium turf (Hobby Lobby) and shook it. Spray again to set it. Stand it on end and tap to remove any of the loose stuff.

I use toilet paper rolls to stack the boards on top of each other.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 am

any updates on this project?

thanks!

uncle_sean

Unread post by uncle_sean » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Just finished making a short how-to video to help you see the flocking process I use when making my 3D maps for Axis and Allies. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, hit me up!

http://youtu.be/SxhJM-VlhO0

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:11 am

uncle_sean wrote:Just finished making a short how-to video to help you see the flocking process I use when making my 3D maps for Axis and Allies. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, hit me up!

http://youtu.be/SxhJM-VlhO0
Well done! :bow:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton