View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Iwo Jima 

The hex template is great! I have done countless maps drawing them out tracing a single hex. Sure I went off a bit but it was still plenty playable.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 am

dano903 wrote:
uncle_sean wrote:
Where are the rules for this scenario? I'm making this map 3D (http://kahlich.wordpress.com/2013/08/26 ... iniatures/) and can't wait to play it!

as mentioned... great idea with the making of the board. I really like the use of the hex template you have. It does look like you can get a better match to the board when making multiple hexes on a board like that. the foam board is great for a light weight but strong material to use. I would like a close-up on the river hexes, and the method you used for flocking.

thanks for the how-to; however, you left one VERY important part out... how do you convince the "significant other" to let you make and store this?!?!???
:)

thanks again for the post!

I get to store them in a closet at work, so it all works out!

I can try and get a close up for you soon, but as far as flocking, I got a spray bottle and filled it with hobby glue (not tacking) and sprayed the surface. Then I filled up a spice shaker with medium turf (Hobby Lobby) and shook it. Spray again to set it. Stand it on end and tap to remove any of the loose stuff.

I use toilet paper rolls to stack the boards on top of each other.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:04 am
The King
The King

any updates on this project?

thanks!

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 am

Just finished making a short how-to video to help you see the flocking process I use when making my 3D maps for Axis and Allies. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, hit me up!

http://youtu.be/SxhJM-VlhO0

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:41 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
uncle_sean wrote:
Just finished making a short how-to video to help you see the flocking process I use when making my 3D maps for Axis and Allies. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, hit me up!

http://youtu.be/SxhJM-VlhO0

Well done! :bow:

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4