Moderators: pilgrimtone, aarules

Centurion

Re: Centurions Custom Cards

Unread post by Centurion » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Revised Radio Controlled and controller tank
Attachments
borgwardr-c.jpg
panzerIIIausfj.jpg
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Nissan lover and Ace of Base fan
A.K.A.: Centurion24

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Got any ideas on what to do next or how to revise these further?
A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end. George S. Patton

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 pm

I suggest adding "Borgward Control Tank" or something to the Panzer IIIJ title. Should you desire to add a regular Panzer III Ausf. J in the future, it would keep them differentiated.

I assume you've weakened the attack stats to go along with the "distracted" theme.

A Panzer III Ausf. J had 50mm of frontal armor, in AAM that generally comes out to a 5.
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

Bean965

Unread post by Bean965 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Cool card. Have you play tested the unit? I'm curious how it performs in-game. The flavor text on your R/C needs to be changed - it has an SA called "unmanned" but the FT talks about it being crewed.

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks guys, @ Bean965, I noticed that discrepancy earlier and need to fix it, but haven't had the chance. I'll probably fix these things over labor day.
@Pletch, yes I did weaken, the attack to go with the distracted theme.and next time I'll pay more attention to the real life armour, and transfer it over to the unit. I know there was a table posted somewhere of armour/to defense, but I can't remember where. Could somebody please post that here.

Thanks guys.

carrion

Unread post by carrion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm

KennyJman wrote:Needs re-worded, I think. Being a vehicle, it would never be in the same hex as another vehicle. Maybe change same hex to adjacent.
I know the card has been a work in progress but I don't think it needs to be re-worded there is nothing that says 2 vehicles can't be in the same hex. It does say that if 2 vehicles happen to be in the same hex the second vehicle to enter the hex would cause an over-stack and receive a penalty. This penalty would be a face-down hit counter[*]. As it is a vehicle Defensive Fire could still be used, if successful the vehicle would still enter the hex[see SA] and receive the penalty and use it's other SA with the -1 modifier to hit. However if DF is used and misses the vehicle would enter the hex and unload it's full fury letting the "Borgward" use it's SA the way it was intended, a desperate move to be used when needed.

Just a thought.

Penalty for Overstacking: If a hex exceeds your stacking limit at the end of your portion of the movement or assault phase, after all movement and unit placement are finished, then your opponent places one face-down hit counter on one of your soldiers or vehicles in that hex. Any soldier or vehicle in the hex can receive the hit, including one that already has one or two face-down hit counters. A hit counter is placed in every hex where your units are overstacked, not just those hexes that became overstacked in the current phase.

Overstacking Vehicles: If a hex contains vehicles from both sides, then an overstacking penalty applies to the player whose vehicle entered last. It also applies to a player who has two vehicles (or more than three units) in the hex, if those are separate players.
And a Link: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/20090127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm starting work on a few D-Day themed units, if anybody has ideas they are welcome.

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Well here's the first unit. Comments and criticism welcome.
Attachments
D-dayusinfantry.jpg

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Looks pretty well balanced. Can you redifine the Loaded down SA, -1 to movement would take all the units movement away.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Centurion

Unread post by Centurion » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Its meant that it gets -1 on movement rolls.