Re: AAM Group Project - Mini painting 101

Unread post by dano903 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:44 am

better than saying he won by a neck.

Lett us view the results

shell we declare a winner?

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 pm

dano903 wrote:better than saying he won by a neck.

Lett us view the results

shell we declare a winner?
And whats the next class? Figure painting? I can't remember what has been requested.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:18 pm

We do need to keep in track. How about a soft or hard camo???

foxmarine2123

Unread post by foxmarine2123 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:15 pm

What do you used to get the models to stay on the nails and toothpicks so you can do the detailing? :sherman:
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush

Murphy's war law

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Welcome to the Underground! If you are into painting and modeling your in the right place. :D

Usually a dab of hobby cement is all that is required to attach figures to a suitable base for painting. When your finished painting, clear coat as you normally would and once dry just snap the figure from the nail/toothpick and your done. Take a small block of wood and drill holes the approximate diameter of the nail/toothpick and insert your figures on the bases into it for drying and storage.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:19 pm

:bowty:Ober has it correct. I use just a very small drop of super glue to hold my figures to nails which gives me something to hold when painting. I also use a block of balsa wood to set the nails in when I'm painting. This is from the PSCo. Russian Heavy Weapons set which I'm currently working on. It's a 120mm Mortar and crew.
100_2721.JPG
@pfclt:
And whats the next class? Figure painting? I can't remember what has been requested.
If there's an interest I will do a tutorial on figure painting. Just let me know.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Locozugmeister wrote:@pfclt:
If there's an interest I will do a tutorial on figure painting. Just let me know.
To imitate Ober - Maybe I'll just send you mine. But I'd like to see that fine detail explained, maybe the skin painting technique....

Maybe others would like to see three tone camo - I'd like to see that too.

But the biggest problem would be -- I don't think there would be as much fun as that last class - wait a minute - was that a class or comedy central - the lessons were real right.................

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty:Ober has it correct. I use just a very small drop of super glue to hold my figures to nails which gives me something to hold when painting. I also use a block of balsa wood to set the nails in when I'm painting.
I guess the only difference between Ober, Loco and myself is how I set them on the side - bit of clay:

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:41 am

I like the clay idea!!!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:51 pm

A figure painting tutorial sound cool. Something that describes base painting and ink washing as well as the thing everyone want to know, how to paint in such detail. I know Loco has been experimenting with different types of bases for figures .... so info on bases would be helpful.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:46 pm

:bowty: Sounds like a figure painting class will be in order. I'll start later this week with a new thread for this and show some of the brushes and other items needed for this and give anybody interested a chance to get ready. See you all in class soon. :whip: