PSCo. 25 pdrs mounted w/crew

A place for members to post there finished products.

Moderator: dano903

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

PSCo. 25 pdrs mounted w/crew

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:22 pm

:bowty: My 50mm bases from Proxy Models arrived yesterday and I just finished mounting the guns and crew. I tried 2 different base flocking and I tend to like the darker one.
100_3846.JPG
100_3847.JPG

Stalker6

Re: PSCo. 25 pdrs mounted w/crew

Unread post by Stalker6 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Both nice. I think I actually like the lighter one better.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:44 pm

It looks like the darker one has a finer sand or is just the color that makes it look that way? Is that a purchase item or local beach?

I'm glad you mentioned the bases - I was going to ask where you got them. And -- Are there any other items "Proxie models" carry that I should check out?

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:53 am

pfclt wrote:It looks like the darker one has a finer sand or is just the color that makes it look that way? Is that a purchase item or local beach?

I'm glad you mentioned the bases - I was going to ask where you got them. And -- Are there any other items "Proxie models" carry that I should check out?
:bowty: The lighter one has larger grains in it but worked out ok. I wouldn't want it any bigger. The darker one is finer and seemed to work much better. The darker one is from a Thermite weld mold used on the railroad to weld rail together to make quarter mile lengths. I grabbed a bunch and just scrape it on an old framed screen over a bucket. If anybody needs some I'll gladly send some out to you.

As for the Proxy Models pfclt, not much other than bases. They do have some of the buildings that Dano made for our Stalingrad table.