Second Panther for GF9 TANKS Game

A place for members to post there finished products.

Moderator: dano903

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Second Panther for GF9 TANKS Game

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 am

:bowty: Got the second panther finished for the GF9 game TANKS.
100_3900.JPG
100_3901.JPG

Stalker6

Re: Second Panther for GF9 TANKS Game

Unread post by Stalker6 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Superb as usual. I am still trying to capture the smooth way you put down paint. It seems to provide very good coverage without ever getting thick or clumpy.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:10 pm

:bowty: I have to thin it out stalker and, most times I have to give it a second coat. I use Testors Modelmaster Acrylics. These paints seem to work best for me.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: I have to thin it out stalker and, most times I have to give it a second coat. I use Testors Modelmaster Acrylics. These paints seem to work best for me.
OK - I thought for sure it was like 6 or 7 coats thinned way out with tons of patients one side at a time a little fairy dust and a magic wand - wow was I off. I think it might be a combination of MM and the right thinning. Looks like I have to make some investment in time and money. About 85% of my paint is Vallejo and I haven't been able to duplicate this. I'm going to try the MM. I have a feeling a dust free environment would help a lot.

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 am

pfclt wrote:
Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: I have to thin it out stalker and, most times I have to give it a second coat. I use Testors Modelmaster Acrylics. These paints seem to work best for me.
OK - I thought for sure it was like 6 or 7 coats thinned way out with tons of patients one side at a time a little fairy dust and a magic wand - wow was I off. I think it might be a combination of MM and the right thinning. Looks like I have to make some investment in time and money. About 85% of my paint is Vallejo and I haven't been able to duplicate this. I'm going to try the MM. I have a feeling a dust free environment would help a lot.
:bowty: I use a lot of Vallejo paints too pfclt. I've found the colors for my camo is just nicer with the MM paints. I use Testors MM spray paint also for the base color which is Africa Mustard for late war Germans.