How to defeat late-war Allied tanks with early Axis tanks?

Post and discuss building armies and platoons

Moderator: curtm1911

jtemple507

How to defeat late-war Allied tanks with early Axis tanks?

Unread post by jtemple507 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:46 pm

For the Western Allies I have an M-10, an M4A1 Sherman, the Staghound, a Cromwell IV, plus the Entrenched Antitank Gun and the 37mm Gun M3. For the Axis I have the Panzer 1B, the Carro Armato M11/39, the Panzer III Ausf. F, and the Panzer III Ausf. N Commander. How would I manage to beat the Allied tanks on any one of the 4 Starter Pack maps? And I haven't even talked about my Russians yet! I have a T-28, a T-34/76, and the almighty ISU-122. There's no way I'm ever going to beat that ISU-122 even if every single one of my Axis tanks fired at it, but I might have a chance of taking out either the T-28 or the T-34/76.

Der Engel
Mod
Mod

Re: How to defeat late-war Allied tanks with early Axis tank

Unread post by Der Engel » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:57 am

Yeah, that sounds pretty brutal! Points wise, you'd probably be able to bring a larger force than any of the allied forces...correct? The ISU-122 is powerful against tanks, but can't do a daggone thing against infantry. Same with the M-10. Maybe build a heavy infantry force to go with those lighter tanks and work for a flank shot or close assault?

Or just buy a Tiger online somewhere :) $20 is steep from miniature market, but I guarantee it will bring a smile to your face when you play it the first time!!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Anti-tank guns (Pak40 & 88mm) could also shut down the allies armor superiority. Your soldiers can also be very effective at opposing tanks if they can occupy the same hex and use the Close assault SA. Thats the positive side, on the negative side you do need some German armor, even if it is a Panzer IV swarm.

I have a ton of surplus 12mm Panzer IV Aust G if you want some we can workout a deal to cover shipping.

http://www.aamcardbase.com/unit_AAM.asp ... IV+Ausf.+G
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

jtemple507

Unread post by jtemple507 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:54 pm

I do have a ton of Axis infantry, but the only ones with a Close Assault that can do anything to a tank are my Panzerfaust 30 and my Pioneers. Other Axis infantry I have: a Mauser Kar 98K, a Fucile Modello M1891, a Wehrmacht Veteran Infantryman, and my MG-34 and MG-42 Machine-Gun Teams that can't do anything at all to any of the Allied tanks I have. And for the Allies I have 2 Red Devil Captains, an M1 Garand Rifle, a BEF Infantrymen, a MAS 7.6mm Rifle, a Bazooka, a French Alpine Troop, and a 3-Inch Mortar that could blow my Axis infantry to bits from afar. So, yeah, if I can find any more booster packs at my local hobby shop, that'd be best. I have to just get the money to buy them though...:D