German Counter to Mobile Russian Build

Post and discuss building armies and platoons

Moderator: curtm1911

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

German Counter to Mobile Russian Build

Unread post by curtm1911 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:07 am

This is the German matching build to the just posted Russian build in this thread.

It is a somewhat mirror build concept.

1x SS Hauptsturmfurher @7 pts.
4x Wehrmacht Veteran Infantry @20 pts.
10x Mauser KAR 98 Infantry @30 pts.
1x Disciplined Spotter @6 pts.
2x MG34 @16 pts.
1x PAK 38 @8 pts.
1x PAK 40 @11 pts.
2x 81 MM Mortar @22 pts.
2x Panzer MK IV G @46 pts.
1x Panther D @35 pts.
2x Opel Trucks @8 pts.
2x Ju-87G @42 pts

Total: 251 pts.

Any wagers on the outcome?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: German Counter to Mobile Russian Build

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:12 am

Hard one to call. I suggest swapping out the command dependant Nagnets for PPsh's.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Re: German Counter to Mobile Russian Build

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:11 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Hard one to call. I suggest swapping out the command dependant Nagnets for PPsh's.

Keeping within what I have in actual pieces, no to very little Proxies, I sometimes go all in with a unit type, in this instance, I'm gonna go all in with my Soviet-Polish Infantry, x7@ 21 pts. drop the Mosins for 9 pts. & get another Guards Infantry & 2x Conscripts for my 9 pts. still CD but will get hustled right to the sound of the guns none the less by the NCO....the map idea I have in mind is kinda open so range is a factor when choosing PPSH SMG or the extra 2 hex reach. Guards on tanks is fun out on the steppes for getting the party going.....Vodka to get fueled up, poured into the T34's.....capture some good German Dark Beer & have a very good time

As for the size of collection, it is Big Enough for some very Good Gaming & small enough to remain somewhat portable.....:lol: