150pts Boredom Builds

Post and discuss building armies and platoons

Moderator: curtm1911

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

150pts Boredom Builds

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 pm

WIP, so far, it is 1-1 for each side. I made these one night when I was bored & wanted to move some Plastic & Roll some dice. It has only been played Solitaire also. Maps are Able 2, mapname in Lower Right corner, East side of Battlefield; Baker 2, mapname in Upper Left corner, West Side of Battlefield, maps laid lengthwise. This puts the the Town on the upper Right corner. This is the Objective for the Allies, Clear the Town. Set-up is 3 hexes in for both sides. These are mixed Alliance builds as well. I was also trying to keep the sides somewhat balanced.

Allies:
RDC x1=7pts.
EENCO x2=14pts.
RAM Kangaroo x2=20pts.
M8 75MM Howitzer x2=12pts.
M1919 x2=18pts.
M2 Mortar x2=12pts.
Ranger x1=7pts.
Buffalo Soldiers x5=20pts.
M1 Garands x8=32pts.
Thompson Gunners x2=8pts.
(Due to the addition of additional & new unit types, I am trying this for the Infantry next game: M1 Garands x6, BAR Gunners x3, Buffalo Soldiers x6 & no Thompsons drop 1 EENCO & add a Marine Sgt.)

Axis:
SS Haupsurmfurher x2=14pts.
Romanian Vigilant Lt. x1=8pts.
LeL G18 7.5CM Howitzer x2=14pts.
PAK 38 x1=8pts.
MG42 x2=20pts.
Romanian Mortar x2=14pts.
Disciplined Spotter x1=6pts.
SS Panzergrenadiers x2=14pts.
Wehrmacht Veteran Infantry x6=30pts.
Mauser KAR 98 x7=21pts. ( Germans total 149 pts here, add 2x Barbed Wire to make 150 pts.)

The dice were decisive in both games. I did place the M2 Mortars on the Kangaroo's as Light Self Propelled Artillery & their Protection. If anyone gives these builds a try, feel free to add your suggestions/results/ideas here. Thanks for the look.
Last edited by curtm1911 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Entek

Re: 150pts Boredom Builds

Unread post by Entek » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:46 am

I would try this, but I don't have all of the pieces.... I am missing somewhere around 15 of the pieces... I can see you really like infantry builds. I think I might try this and proxie what I am missing.

Did you play more as one side and let the defender sit, or did you move both around and play both sides as it were?

There is an old WotC scenario that has single player rules. I've played it and found it fun. I can dig up a link if you're interested.
Thank you Rebel!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

They look pretty playable. I would add a panzerfaust or two, but then again I know the Allies have built Kangaroos. :Tout:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Entek wrote:I would try this, but I don't have all of the pieces.... I am missing somewhere around 15 of the pieces... I can see you really like infantry builds. I think I might try this and proxie what I am missing.

Did you play more as one side and let the defender sit, or did you move both around and play both sides as it were?

There is an old WotC scenario that has single player rules. I've played it and found it fun. I can dig up a link if you're interested.

I played each side accordingly. The Allies being the "Attacker", I played as such. The Axis being on "Defense", I played them to protect the Town & also from being flanked. The SSPG's & WVI's were set up in the Town with the SS Haupsturmfurher & Vig. Lt., for his "Defensive Preparation" SA, as well as the ART/ATG. I used my houserule for ART/ATG/AA guns that can be found in Scenarios & Houserules section here on the forum. The Mauser's & 2nd SS Haupsturmfurher were the flank guards. The MG's & Mortars, place where they have clear fields of fire & can "Harvest" infantry in the open.......

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:58 pm

FieldMarshall wrote:They look pretty playable. I would add a panzerfaust or two, but then again I know the Allies have built Kangaroos. :Tout:

I went with the PAK 38 since it has range whereas the Panzerfaust is a close in weapon. You can stand off a ways with the Kangaroos & shell targets & the PAK makes you want some cover. Also, a PAK 40 seems too powerful for this map set up. These builds have played out reasonably balanced so far. I hope people feel free to tinker with them & if so, post their builds & AAR. The Haupsturmfurhers become targets fairly quickly, the ability to remove disruption is great in this battle, it makes the Allies need to Kill rather than just disrupt. The Romanian Mortars are just rude, the "Seasoned Crew" SA is put to good use here, but then it is sweet anytime they are used..........Also, the way the map is oriented, the Allies can't overload the side with the Town & the pond can be be a PITA for them as well.....all in all, a pretty fun battle, can go either way & makes you think.

curtm1911

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:28 am

If anybody is interested, this game is going to be played, with the Allied Revised Build, over on the Forumini. Take a look if you get curious.....maybe critique it here or give strategy ideas..or get some laughs...:D