Beginner Scenario 200+ POints German vs. Russia

Post and discuss building armies and platoons

Moderator: curtm1911

redskullz

Beginner Scenario 200+ POints German vs. Russia

Unread post by redskullz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 am

Hey!
I am a rookie at building scenarios, but i am trying to bring in some interesting swings for a buddy and myself to play. I built a nice Axis bunker(pics soon), and i want to make it like a super head quarter complex for the Germans to defend.

The bunker will have some special abilities:
2 Hexes will be cover for all infantry inside, but all cover rolls will be made at -1.(vehicles can't enter these 2 hexes), these 2 hexes will block line of sight as if it was a town hex.
2 hexes will have cover for soldiers thanks to a trench.(vehicles can enter these two hexes with a successful movement roll up the hill)
1 hex has a fuel dump

Here is the teams(tried to balance, with a bit of point advantage to the Soviets since the Germans start in/adjacent to the bunker, and the german units are simply better than the soviets for the most part)

Soviet Vehicles:
IL-10 Sturmovik Aircraft 21points 4/4 def Infantry At 8/6, Vehicle At 7/5 (superior armor 2)
BT-7 Tank 13points 3/2 def, Infantry At 7/7/6, Vehicle At 10/8/7 (high gear, excellent suspension)
Ba-10M 12 Points 2/2 def, Infantry At 7/6/4, Veh At 9/7/6 (agression, high gear)
T-35 18 Points 4/2 def, Infantry At 10/10/8, Veh At 10/9/7 (poor suspension, Overlapping fire, Multiturreted)
T-35 18 Points 4/2 def, Infantry At 10/10/8, Veh At 10/9/7 (poor suspension, Overlapping fire, Multiturreted)
Valentine VI 16 points 5/5 Def, Inf At 5/5/4, Veh At 9/8/6 (Robust)

Soviet Soldiers:
Hero Of the Soviet Union 8 points
Commissar X2 5 points
Cossack Captain X2 9 points
Maxim M1910 MG X2 7 points
Degtyarev DP-27 X3 4points
Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 X3 3 points
Fuel Dump

Soviet Artillery:
ZIS-2 57mm Model 1943 X3 7 points 92

Soviet Points Total:226 (reinforcements included in total)

German Forces Vehicles:
Dornier Do 335 Aircraft 15 points, 4/4 def, Inf At 8/6, Veh At 4/3 (anti air, Speed Boost)
Panzer IV Ausf E 14 points, 4/3 Def, Inf At 7/7/6, Veh At 10/9/7
Panzer III Ausf F X2 13 points, 3/3 Def, Inf At 7/7/6, Veh At 10/8/6 (smoke screen)
StuG III Ausf D X2 15 points, 4/3 Def, Inf At 8/8/7, Veh At 10/9/8 (fixed howitzer, season crew)

German Infantry:
Grizzled Veteran 8 points
Wehrmacht Oberleutant X2 12 points
MG42 MAchine Gun X2 10 points
Mauser K98 X6 3 points

German Artillery:
PAK 38 Antitank Gun X3 8 Points

German Points Total: 207 points (including reinforcements)

On turn 3 at the beginning of the movement phase, both the Germans and the Soviets will get to choose between land or air reinforcements. The planes will be deployed as normal. The land vehicles can be placed on any hex on the edge of the map not occupied or adjacent to enemy forces.
On turn 4 at the beginning of the movement phase, both the Germans and the Soviets will get their remaining reinforcements. The planes will be deployed as normal. The land vehicles can be placed on any hex on the edge of the map not occupied or adjacent to enemy forces.

Soviet Reinforcements:
Aircraft IL-10 Sturmovik 21 points
Vehicle Lend Lease Half-Track carrying Fanatical Sniper(i'd like to replace this with an Elite Soviet unit to better go up against the SS stormtrooper i put on the german reinforcements ...) 15 points total

German Reinforcements:
Aircraft- Messerschmitt Ace 15points
Vehicle KFZ 251 Half-Track carrying SS stormtrooper 13points total

Deployment:
I want the Germans to all be deployed in the bunker or adjacent to the 4 bunker hexes. The Soviets Infantry will be able to be deployed anywhere on the map 5 hexes or further from the 4 bunker hexes. The Soviet Vehicles can be deployed anywhere 10 hexes away or further from the 4 bunker hexes.
hexes.

Map Choice: I am planning to use 2 maps for this game with quite a bit of cover. Have yet to choose. Planning on putting the 4 bunker hex's near the center of the map.

Victory condition: Now i don't know what the best condition would be. Any help on this would be appreciated.(i am a new player and haven't defended in any of our games yet)

Okay so this is what i have so far. Any comments greatly appreciated!
Last edited by redskullz on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rebel

Re: Beginner Scenario 200+ POints German vs. Russia

Unread post by Rebel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:24 am

Looks pretty good! IMHO, the Soviets will have a bit of trouble keeping the objective, and their planes won't last long, but it would be a fun short battle to try out! :party:
A&A Underground- Minis, Maps, Models and More!
If you want a custom map, please PM me.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:46 pm

It looks like it would be fun to play. I like the choice of reinforcements idea.

I don't know but there are no AA's and the Sturmovic's are pretty tough if they do well against the 335 it will make the difference for the Russians. They should be able completely destroy the rear armor on the German tanks.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

redskullz

Unread post by redskullz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:40 pm

I considered going with MIg's instead, especially considering both of the german planes are antiair, but it was a tough call. Hope the extra points makes them worth it!

I was thinking about the winning conditions.
Allies Primary: At the end of turn 7, if the germans have lost 70% of their total points, the allies win their primary objective.
Allies Secondary: At the end of turn 7, if two or more allied infantry is in the hex containing the fuel dump the allies win their secondary objective.
Axis Primary: At the end of turn 7, if the Russians have lost 80% of their total cost, the germans win secondary objective.
Axis Secondary: At the end of turn 7, if two or more german infantry is in the hex containing the fuel dump the Germans win their secondary objective.

Tie Breaker: At the end of turn 7 whoever has the most points still alive wins.

What do you guys think about those objectives? Is the 10% advantage fair you think?(i figure with the way the bunker is set up it should cost quite a bit, as 12 infantry will get cover but at -1)

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:32 pm

Did this battle ever happen? If it did, what was the outcome? This looks like a nasty battle for both sides....curious as to what occurred.