View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:36 am

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 AXIS & ALLIES MINIS MAP GALLERY 
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Desert wadi. Simple with longer sight lines and dirt roads.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.
:bowty: Ober, your killing me here! I'll be painting minis till I retire from the railroad just to get copies of most of these really nice maps.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:00 am

I like the new forum, I think I might start a member portfolio! :D

Sooooo, we need to start a thread for terrain here...and a map thread... and a... I'm sad I'm so busy now. :(

(And can you turn on quick reply here?)Thanks! :D And awesome maps!

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:21 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
aarules here is a facimile of your map. Check it out and let me know if there should be any changes.

It looks great!
What program do you use to make those maps? I need to make a map of Suez for the Italian Campaign but I don't know how to make it clear enough for people to read.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 am
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
I use a modified version of HMM. I can help you getting it working for AAM if you want to get into mapping. Its really fun and rewarding, just ask Reb.

http://www.heavymetalpro.com/HMMap_Features.htm

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 am
Profile WWW

Is $29 worth it?

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 pm
Founder
Founder

aarules wrote:
Is $29 worth it?

Its pretty cheap in my book and is capable of printing in a standard printer with any sheet size. The software divides it up and prints it sheet by sheet or saves it as an image and take it to your local print shop. I removed a lot of stuff from mine and replaced them with WotC terrains. It fully supported by the owner/designer on his forum. The biggest drawback is streams don't follow hex edges.

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 am
Profile WWW

aarules wrote:
Is $29 worth it?

Well, compared to what I use (Photoshop), it's a deal! :D

If you download GIMP for free, and all the WotCmaps and tiles, you can make passable maps, but they may take a while to make! :D
And it's really fun once you start, I'm sure addicted! :wink:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:15 am
Founder
Founder

Its not nearly as artistic as Rebels maps. His maps are a labor of love and mine are just a few easy clicks with no real artistic merit. They suit the purpose though.

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am
Profile WWW

Wouldn't quite call 'em a labor of love... but they do take a while to make! :D Your's are really fun to use though! Almost want to get the program! :slinger;
Which reminds me, what should I make next? :D

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next