AXIS & ALLIES MINIS MAP GALLERY

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

aarules

Re: MAP GALLERY

Unread post by aarules » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Ober, I copied your blank map and played around editing. I came up with a map that is good for forcing enemies into a valley and trapping them there. Kinda had to read and not as good as yours, but here it is.
Attachments
AAM Map.jpg

aarules

Unread post by aarules » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Big light green box is a factory.
Brown circles are hills.
Dark green circles are forest.
Blue boxes are towns.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 pm

There was a battle called the Hodgwald Gap. It calls for terrain that funnels into a valley to pass through to the Rhine River. There are some maps around of that battle.

Your map looks fine. If you want to finish it up I can create it and post it in the gallery.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

aarules

Unread post by aarules » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 pm

You already made the Hodgwald Gap, so I didn't mean to create it. I was just playing around. Not sure where this map is.

pilgrimtone

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:17 pm

I have been playing with my GIMP (oo-er missus :lol: ) and came up with this map, I have based it on the Arromanches beach in Normandy.

I am not up to playing at the moment but would love to hear any from anyone who uses it what they think.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:49 pm

aarules here is a facimile of your map. Check it out and let me know if there should be any changes.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Pilgrimtone. Here is a facsimile of your map. Sorry I had to turn it but old age makes it hard to change when you get used to doing something one way. :D I also cut a few hexes off one side so I wouldn't have to create a second sheet for a couple of hex lines. :lol: Note - The Bocage hexes are WotC ones so they occupy three sides where yours are two sided.

Feel free to tweak the map the way you like it and I can change it up and make a full resolution copy available for Dropbox download.

Cheers
Ober

~Gen. G.S. Patton

pilgrimtone

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:34 pm

FieldMarshall wrote:Pilgrimtone. Here is a facsimile of your map. Sorry I had to turn it but old age makes it hard to change when you get used to doing something one way. :D I also cut a few hexes off one side so I wouldn't have to create a second sheet for a couple of hex lines. :lol: Note - The Bocage hexes are WotC ones so they occupy three sides where yours are two sided.

Feel free to tweak the map the way you like it and I can change it up and make a full resolution copy available for Dropbox download.

Cheers
Ober

Excellent, however the 'Bocage' is meant to be Bluff hexsides, it might have helped if I had put a legend on it :-)

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Excellent, however the 'Bocage' is meant to be Bluff hexsides, it might have helped if I had put a legend on it.
LOL, I should of realized what they ment! :sickie:

Here's version II. Would you like the roads to go into the towns? Its easily done.

Cheers
Ober
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pilgrimtone

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:45 pm

That looks good, it would be nice to know how it plays.
Its my first map and I did it to the size of the 3D board I am in the middle of making, if I can get the camera working I shall take a couple of photo's of it.