General Discussion

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: General Discussion

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat May 31, 2014 8:26 pm

I was up early today around 6:00 so I took advantage of the drunks on the west coast server and I did great for WR and WN8. By noon it was getting too tomato-ish so I logged out to work on tonights AAM builds.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:56 am

LOL, that's a whole different type of clubbing!
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

aarules

Unread post by aarules » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:46 pm

I just got it for my iPad. I haven't played it yet though. Does anybody here have it on mobile?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:48 pm

I play the PC version.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:53 am

Same. Signed up for beta but I have an Android tablet and have to wait for that version.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

aarules

Unread post by aarules » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:51 am

I played it for the first time today. It's a good game. I'm not too good at it, but I have 4 tier 2 tanks. My favorite is the T-26. It's the most balanced of all the tanks I have and I gave it some upgrades.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:27 pm

aarules wrote:I played it for the first time today. It's a good game. I'm not too good at it, but I have 4 tier 2 tanks. My favorite is the T-26. It's the most balanced of all the tanks I have and I gave it some upgrades.
On the outside the game seems straight forward but it contains some nuisances the take a while to catch on to. Feel free to ask any questions you wish, Ace and I have been playing for almost 2 years.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 pm

See you are still playing Ober, that is if the new patch didn't further degrade your performance to unplayable. Your stats are looking good! Some of my clan mates can't run the new patch but I have been really into EVE Online lately and haven't played WoT in a few weeks. Will probably mix in a few battles every so often to get daily doubles on some tanks at least. Had to wipe my pc because I continued to have crashing or minimizing to desktop issues with more than just WoT. All working good now so I can't wait to play some tanks without the inevitable CTD during a crucial moment.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:00 am

Ive curtailed the amount of games played every week in at least half. Ive been busy and haven't had as much fun playing lately as I had before 8.11. The last few patches made me have to compensate for nerfs and etc and its only been in the last couple of weeks that I finally got my WN back around 1300. I'm kinda bored of my current tanks and don't know where to go next. Moving up to tier 8, 9 and 10 doesn't interest me as the competition becomes tough in the higher tiers and I would also have to study up on all the weak spots on the tier 9 and 10s. I could seriously try heavys, scouts are out of the question cause unless your a scouting genius they just drive your stats down. I dunno,I will have to see......

Everything was good with the last patch, I actually gained a little fps on it. The next patch is due very soon, crossing my fingers that it will be good to me.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:05 pm

I know what you mean on both fronts!

Scouts are (or was) one of the best ways to boost your WN8 because so many people play they poorly. It tests your patience more than any other tank line but can be very rewarding. Recent MM changes and the upcoming accuracy nerf will help them out greatly. Right now it is too easy for average accuracy tanks to hit even the smaller light tanks traveling near top speed from 200 out or more.