General Discussion

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

sismis

Re: General Discussion

Unread post by sismis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Finally got my marks too.. it was nearly impossible, I really had to really restrain my stubbornness :D
shot_032.jpg
Edit: and then I continue as usual and died first in the next battle with 0dmg :lol:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:04 am

sismis wrote:Finally got my marks too.. it was nearly impossible, I really had to really restrain my stubbornness :D
shot_032.jpg
Edit: and then I continue as usual and died first in the next battle with 0dmg :lol:
SWEET! Nice job on three MoEs :bow:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Those decades of mouse and keyboard training finally paid off :lol: Now I have to wait for zombie apocalypse..

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Three MoEs is quite epic, I doubt I will ever get one. I have 2 on my wolverine, Jackson and T34. On a related topic, there is a clan on NA called [ELC], they often platoon with 3 ELCs all with 3 MoEs each. They are a true troll platoon and do a lot of damage as a group. I can imagine a E25 troll platoon could be equally effective.

I'm thinking about buying a tier 8 premium medium. Looking at the T34-3 because of its limited MM but also considering the AMX CDC but it has a regular MM. Seeing as the T34-3 has a limited MM it will likely get retired in the future I'm leaning towards it. The only thing that bothers me about the tank is its poor gun depression, after grinding to the cent 7/1 I learned to really like the gun depression. I am grinding the russian medium line that leads to the Object 430 and it would of been nice to have a russian premium for crew skills.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:10 am

Third mark is more luck than skill. Basically to offset for low performance when MM puts you rock bottom or lack of targets due to map placement you are gambling more and more.. if it's a popular tank, you really need to be unicum for that. Luckily almost nobody plays wolverine anymore :D

I've encountered platoon of E25 few times and they are very deadly.. any good synchronized platoon is deadly, but they are so fast that few heavies are almost dead even before reaching usual choke points..

I sold KV85 just out of bad depression.. hard to hit even on flat ground :D then you maneouver forever for a shot or get killed trying to climb down.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm

I know the t-34-3 has bad depression but the only other real viable medium premium for me would be the Super Pershing. Its really hard to tell if the SP is any good because of all the nerf whining about how bad it now is. It rates horrible on noobmeters WR list, last I think on the list. I dunno?

I finally got the 105mm gun for the Centurion 7/1 last night. I was really excited about trying it out and played three tier X matches and totally got myself owned. I was really dissapointed to find against tier X my mantlet doesn't bounce like the Centurion I does with tier 9 tanks. Plus my gameplay was seriously lacking for the tier. In one game I played side by side with a guy from [Pupeh] clan in a 7/1, we both survived, I got 1000 in damage and 1 kill and he got 4000 in damage and 3 kills. It was quite a shock!
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:25 pm

I would consider noobmeter indication a good reason to avoid it. No reason to play bad tank. We are here to play for fun, and I doubt it would be fun..

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:24 pm

Spent most of the week-end researching tier 8 premium medium tanks and I'm still thinking about the T-34-3. Watched a ton of Youtube replays on all the tier 8s and they all have their merits but it was easy to eliminate the CDC and the STA-2 due to really poor armor which leaves the SP and T-34-3. The 90mm on the SP doesn't seem like it would be an OP gun at tier 8, the 122mm on the T-34-3 has about the same pen but almost twice the alpha damage. I got to decide soon.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:47 pm

You buy that premium yet Ober? I have the T34-3. It's not bad but can be a tough tank to play sometimes.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:You buy that premium yet Ober? I have the T34-3. It's not bad but can be a tough tank to play sometimes.
I bought it last week-end when it was 15% off. I do like the tank even though I need more practice playing with the limited gun depression and hanging back more often cause of the 12 sec reload time. I really like the damage the thing does.....BOOM and -400 damage from enemies but you have to be careful choosing your shots that have the best chance of penetrating. The Centurion 7/1 with the 105mm has been good practice learning to play with the 10 second reload time and the glass hull. :lol:
~Gen. G.S. Patton