View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:00 am

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 General Discussion 
Mod
Mod

I guess I am. I needed more gold and bought the big package and look at the Fury tanks as a bonus. I did want a tier 6/7 US medium premium tank for crew training and this will work nicely for that purpose, though.

After the Easy 8 is reworked in HD the two tanks will be very similar so nabbing a premium tank with the same offensive abilities as its non-premium version should be beneficial. Of course a WG could buff/nerf either tank to make them different but as of now the only difference will be turret armor after the HD rework.

The $30 package is a decent deal and the $100 package a pretty good deal.

Mediums definitely my favorite! Try as I might with the PTA, playing it with only top gun just isn't going to happen. Had to get the turret to improve gun handling and the stock engine makes it a complete dog so I am working on that now. Good tank it will be after upgrades when I can actually escape after shooting. Gun is great.

How is the game running for you these days? Saw on FTR they are working on optimization that should come in next patch (or one after).

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:48 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Ive had several ups and downs with performance since 9.0, all IMO to do with Wargaming. Since 9.3 ive had 25 fps and 100 ping, so everything is good. XVM was really slowing down my computer so I got rid of all mods that were XVM dependent and were OK.

Of all my tanks Ober got a mark of excellence on the Panther last night. Its the only tank whose win rate I cannot fix no matter how hard I try I can't get her WR over 49%. So from the award I deduct that you are doing well in a Panther anywhere over 49%. :Tout: Anyways, it looks really stupid on the L100 barrel as it is at the end of the barrel near the muzzle brake in lieu of being at the base of the barrel where German kill rings historically were. Now, before I poke around a corner my Corney kill rings will be the first things he sees before the "Death by a thousand cuts" begins. :lol:

Attachment:
panther award of Ex.jpg
panther award of Ex.jpg [ 291.59 KiB | Viewed 587 times ]

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

Haha, I hear you. Some tanks you just never boost up the WR even when you have good performance in them. Panther would not be one of those I have good performance in :lol:

Hilarious, from a company all about "historical accuracy"!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:03 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Ace of Aces wrote:
Haha, I hear you. Some tanks you just never boost up the WR even when you have good performance in them. Panther would not be one of those I have good performance in :lol:

Hilarious, from a company all about "historical accuracy"!

True and if you look carefully at screen shot my damage in the match it was really mediocre.

Ive had a weird week-end performance wise, everything was ok until saturday evening when the ping started spiking and doing weird things ive never seen before and believe me, ive seen everything. :Tout: The driving controls wouldn't work right, sometimes they wouldn't work and other times you would get stuck in a movement and end up driving in circles or at worse over a cliff which happened to me twice. I saw the shell disappearing bug a number of times and got caught in a vortex on Serene coast that spun my tank around 180 degees in the wink of a eye. Its said the 9.4 will bring major optimization, lets hope its really true. :?

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

That for sure was related to your ping. Either from their server or locally with your service. Weird stuff like that happens when client and server are out of sync. If it continues you might try restarting your router and modem if you haven't already.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:20 pm
Founder
Founder

Ace of Aces wrote:
That for sure was related to your ping. Either from their server or locally with your service. Weird stuff like that happens when client and server are out of sync. If it continues you might try restarting your router and modem if you haven't already.

This is a lot different than anything I have experienced before.....and yes I restarted my router twice last week-end even though I am hard wired to it, it made no difference. Its absolutely a ping problem as the fps stays around 25 all through this. Last night everything was back to normal again. The only Mods I run now are 30x zoom and wn8 calculator and nothing that uses XVM.

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

See you are still plugging away in WoT Ober! Quite an impressive boost in rating too! Nice job.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:31 pm
Founder
Founder

Yea, I finally got to a 50% WR, but it took a while. :lol: I am finally to a point where I really have fun playing in the tier 5 - 7 levels. I can carry at least 25% of my matches now and almost always am in the top 5 for exp.

I took a seroius foray into tier 8 over the holidays in the Centurion I and had some good matches but the competition in higher tiers isn't very forgiving, one mistake and your done. The other thing about tier 8 is that its hard to make credits unless your in the top 5 in the match. I was grinding the Cent over xmas for a mission for 3 days premium time and ended up almost bankrupting myself With repair costs and a few gold rounds. Once I finished the mission I dropped back to tier 6 and 7 to replentish the cash flow. When I got the cash I promptly bought the Centurion 7/1 and am currently grinding free exp to upgrade her. According to Mighty Jingles you can play tier 10 with the 20 pounder B barrel, I tried a few matches and could pen nothing so Im working towards the Royal Ordanance 105mm which should fix the problem.

The mission over the holidays was by nation so I had to dust off some of my old tanks I had got tired of. The upside was that I got a bunch more Mastery badges and a whole bunch more MoEs on some of my older tanks like the VK36.01 and Panzer IV. Now almost all of my regular tanks have at least one MoE and some even have 2 MoEs like the tier 5, T34 trollmobile which IMO is like a tier 5 Comet which has one MoE.

You playing again?

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

Its hard to move the needle after so many battles so your accomplishment is that much more impressive! Yeah tier 8 is where the income becomes break even with above average games not including prem shells or consumables of course! That's when they hook you for premium time! Glad to see you grinding those upper tier tanks a bit.

I free xp'd that gun too, its lower tier guns struggle too much for what the 7/1 is built for. Would be different if it were a really mobile tank.

Man, I've got a whole garage of dusty tanks :lol: Sort of playing again. Happened to check news section of the WoT android app last Thursday and noticed that the Object 140 was the on track tank. This was one I was waiting for not only because it is an awesome tank but that I was a little over half way through the xp. Somehow had a free day of premium which held me over until the Friday deals where I grabbed a week of time. Wrapped up the 140 last night, woohoo. Everything I had hoped but my first 4 games were not great because our teams got rolled before I could get going. Of course that is my tier 10 story so it must be me :lol:

I'll probably play a bit more on weekends featuring 3 day premium discounts and grind on track events I started already or want to start. Also working on T49 light and want to start RU251 and get back into light tanking.

Now that I have no premium time I don't feel obligated to play to justify the expense and won't burn myself out.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:26 am
Mod
Mod

So I have kept playing a bit since the Obj. 140 on track ended. After the recent carnival event this has been without premium account and I have only been going for dailies on my focus and premium tanks. Unintended consequence of this is that I am playing better! :lol:

Knowing that my best xp earning without premium is riding on the dailies I am more patient and less willing to lead a charge unless it one I think I can escape from on my own. Since I have been focusing on light tanks it has helped keep me alive and in the game which is crucial for winning a match that makes it into the late stages. Now if only I wouldn't be put on teams that do all they canot to lose a match! :D

Also passively plugging away on the individual missions. Haven't tried to complete objectives outright but I keep the missions active so they happen as I play. Just got to the light tank platoon requirements so I guess I need to find an arty to pair up with. Don't care for these, individual missions should be...individual.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next