View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 am

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 General Discussion 
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
Ace of Aces wrote:
You buy that premium yet Ober? I have the T34-3. It's not bad but can be a tough tank to play sometimes.

I bought it last week-end when it was 15% off. I do like the tank even though I need more practice playing with the limited gun depression and hanging back more often cause of the 12 sec reload time. I really like the damage the thing does.....BOOM and -400 damage from enemies but you have to be careful choosing your shots that have the best chance of penetrating. The Centurion 7/1 with the 105mm has been good practice learning to play with the 10 second reload time and the glass hull. :lol:

Played some more battles in this last night. Its kinda a feast or famine tank, when you do well you really do well and when you do poor.......

Its really a steep learning curve to be effective in this tank but I'm catching on slowly. I have to relearn where to play this tank on maps, it plays so different than any other medium I've ever played. Flat ground and city maps seem to be its specialty as long as there is somewhere to hide it between reloads.

I love how intimidating the damage can be on opponents and how they tend to back-off once you've hit them for 400 in damage a few times. Played on Northwest last night and had an agressive IS-6 pushing our group of mediums, that is until I hit his mantlet for 440 in damage and destroyed his gun. that knocked the wind from his sails. The mediums harassed him into ignoring me and over the next 3 shots I ended up killing him with my DPM.

I have a total of 17 games on the T-34-3 so far and am running a WN8 of just under 1100 and a 52% WR. Thats a good start but I am capabile of a WN8 of more like 1400+ and 54% WR once I get my sea-legs.....I hope! :roll:

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

It really is a feast or famine tank. All about the peekaboom for the T34-3!

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:47 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Ace of Aces wrote:
It really is a feast or famine tank. All about the peekaboom for the T34-3!

What a strange tank, I like it but some matches its difficult to get much damage cause the reload, aim time and inaccuracy. You miss so many shots opportunities because of long aim time and the inevitable 12 second reload if you miss. Its been difficult to get the WR over 45% dispite the WN8 being at 1400. Its just weird. On the up-side I had my most epic battle in the T-34-3 acquiring almost 3900 in damage in one match.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

Nice damage!

To make matters worse it has HEAT for the premium so even if you want to sling gold it may not be worth it.

It's hard to play it a certain way because it seems to rely on a lot of luck that the battle in your area allows you to do some work.

I've gone to sticking in flanking areas and shooting at medium ranges from behind cover so I don't get DPM'd as easily by those high ROF mediums. From that position I can tell if I'll be overrun and can fall back before it's too late.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28