Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks Ober, I think mine is working. Sent you a dozen or so platoon invites over the weekend but you must've been wanting to lone wolf it. If you ever see me on, feel free to send me an invite.

What is everyone playing most these days?

For me my grinds for a few tier 9 tanks slowly moves forward, not focused too much on any one. Still zip around in the T71 and ELC but not as much as I had been. Mostly have been finishing off researching some tanks I want to play soon (KV-13, T34-1, AMX 12t) but as I get nearer to completing T9 grinds I need to make sure I have the cash to buy them so they will have to wait for now.

I did buy a Sherman and a Grille since I had researched it ages ago and it being half off currently. Have yet to take Grille out, first 6 games in M4 have been bad but that's because I am not adapting my game. Have been used to having support near the front but people are either camping or not sticking together at this tier level. I end up getting killed because the enemy flanks me in force and I have no teammates there to keep them pinned down. Think I will start each match by sitting at base for at least a minute before moving.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Thanks Ober, I think mine is working. Sent you a dozen or so platoon invites over the weekend but you must've been wanting to lone wolf it. If you ever see me on, feel free to send me an invite.

What is everyone playing most these days?

For me my grinds for a few tier 9 tanks slowly moves forward, not focused too much on any one. Still zip around in the T71 and ELC but not as much as I had been. Mostly have been finishing off researching some tanks I want to play soon (KV-13, T34-1, AMX 12t) but as I get nearer to completing T9 grinds I need to make sure I have the cash to buy them so they will have to wait for now.

I did buy a Sherman and a Grille since I had researched it ages ago and it being half off currently. Have yet to take Grille out, first 6 games in M4 have been bad but that's because I am not adapting my game. Have been used to having support near the front but people are either camping or not sticking together at this tier level. I end up getting killed because the enemy flanks me in force and I have no teammates there to keep them pinned down. Think I will start each match by sitting at base for at least a minute before moving.

Sorry Buddy but I only noticed the invite on Sunday when I was logging off. For some stupid reason I was watching for a chat message on the left instead of a invite on the right side of the garage screen. I figured your plans had changed and played for a couple of hours before becoming tired and as I was disconnecting I noticed the invite. :oops:

I didn't buy any new tanks on the week-end but I bought 200 high octane fuel barrels for the VK just to keep a stockpile ahead. The VK behaves more like the Panzer IV with 100mm of armor and the 88mm gun with the high octane fuel. However, now I have 105,000 free exp in the bank for my next upgrade or new tank. :dance: I wished there was some way to convert exp into game credits like you can with gold.

The week-end wasn't too crazy, I managed to keep my WR from slipping but my WR7 dropped quite a bit. I tried playing more aggressive but would end up alone and swarmed once the noobs all got themselves killed in the first 2 minutes.

I stripped my Panzer III down to the bare bones and tried some scouting, or mabie I should say some failed scouting. :lol: Its a lot harder than it looks! I did have a couple of good scouting matches as long as the tiers weren't too high. The older players can shoot a lead way better than the new guys. :Tout: The best scouting was on Malk n'vodka :lol: Nobody when to the top of the hill so when I got there I decided to run down the hill to their cap. I drove through clouds of enemy tanks without a single hit. When I got to the cap I lit up the entire defense and my team picked them off one by one while I drove madly around their cap area distracting them. They eventually got me but not before they lost enough tanks to to loose the match.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:42 pm

No worries Ober, I should have sent you a message too. Didn't think about it at the time.

Love the scouting stories, it can get really tricky...especially when bombing down a hill with nowhere to go but heaven or hell :lol:

Appropriate name for that map :D I would like to see a few more clusters of bushes or some terrain variation in the field so that the hill and area just below isn't the only two reasonable options. Essentially hill climbers and campers are the only two types of tankers besides the occasional suiscout who bombs the lower area or field. I hope they remove it for balancing soon.

If you are looking for a new tank, build up about 4.5k on a Panzer II G and you can play the new VK 20.01 come next week. 8.5 releases in Russia tomorrow (probably out right now), so we are likely to see the update next week.

Last weekend was pretty awful but I too somehow unknowingly maintained my WR despite the horrible teams I found myself on. My efficiencies dropped but that was partly because I played a lot of M3 Lee games to unlock the Sherman followed by 5 of 6 pitiful games in it that I previously mentioned.

I want your free xp bank...
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Unread post by Scub » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:19 am

Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Current:
Okey the current situation is that My windows OS I had installed in my iMac is Kaputt, it finally broke down yesterday,
have had numerous power outages in the house lately, I think windows xp can not possibly enjoy this. Neither am I right in one game when the power goes off. :(

Goals:
get me an new super gaming Laptop ( battery backup helps ) with a large external monitor

Wishlist: win in the lottery :Tout:

Allready I have got some abstinence symptoms, desperate as I was, I installed world of tanks on an Acer notebook I have, 4 hours of downloading and of course the notebook is to slow to run the game, I knew exactly that would happen, but if you are desperate you cross fingers and toes that it might work :?

I'm afraid it will be a while until I can play again

But on the bright side it's soon summer and more outdoor Activities a head of me :D

Soon up for a trip to Denmark a 9 days music festival at Roskilde 100.000 music and :party: lovers from all europe.
28 june - 7 july

Okey WG and WoT see u in October :lol:
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:29 am

A few months away from gaming won't hurt too bad. :hidunchair:

Trust me, you won't like playing on your notebook.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Unread post by Scub » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:53 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:A few months away from gaming won't hurt too bad. :hidunchair:

Trust me, you won't like playing on your notebook.

Hahaha :lol: A few months will be hard, especsialy the indoor days where the weather is bad.
But as a true addictive gamer, I have secured me an entrance and some game time through my daughter's computer, every second weekend, , it was not hard to convince her, I bought her the computer and of course she understand these trade mechanisms in order to achieve a new laptop in the future :lol:

Have u played on a notebook with crapy CPU :shock: The Lag is massive , I didnt dare trying, only by seeing how slow the mouse pointer goes in the garage, ittold my to stay away from the battlefield :Tout:
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:38 pm

I do, that is how I played the first 2 or so months before I built my new pc. I recently was on vacation for a week and brought the laptop knowing I would need a little WoT time but the performance was so bad I played one game (horribly I might add) and didn't even try a second. Performance was far worse than I remembered, possible the updates made things worse or even the internet connection was just bad (seemed ok otherwise).

Needless to say I was having major withdrawl by the time we were heading home :lol:

Mr_Matilda

Unread post by Mr_Matilda » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:27 am

I have recently got the Japanese Chi-Ri medium tank......loads of fun!
It has decent speed, good gun depression and an excellent rate of fire with good penetration.
The gun fires about 16 rounds a minute with a 3 shot auto-loader. each round is 1 second apart and 10 seconds to fully reload. Couple this with good accuracy and an aiming time of 1.7 seconds and you have a very effective firing system.
The only down side to the tank is the armour, 75mm front armour is poor, but it is very easy to take up a hull down position.
So the potential for lots of fun is still very much on the cards.

My verdict; Get one!

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Right on, thanks for quick review. The Japanese medium line does look pretty fun, definitely my kind of tanks and likely next line I will work on.

Have too many open lines right now but my plan is to unlock the next tank for each and wait until they are part of an On Track feature before buying. Then I will work on 1 focus line plus the On Track flavor of the bi-month and mix in premiums.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Ive seen them around and gotten smoked by their ROF a few times, enough to be wary of them. The up side is they are easy to pen. :sherman:
~Gen. G.S. Patton