Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

jtemple507

Re: Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Unread post by jtemple507 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Current:
Alecto, M3 Lee, Hetzer, T82, Pz38 nA, M5 Stuart.

Goals:
--Get my History grade to a B and start playing again!!! I've been having major WoT withdrawal for the past few months and I was very upset when the game was almost finished with the four updates we Xbox tankers have had in the past months and I had to leave and cancel the whole download!!!
--Go up the new British light line to that awesome Centurion 7/1!!!
--Get through the god-awful Lee and be a boss in those Shermans.
--More garage slots. I have about $20 so that will go to a few slots so I won't have to sell my T82 to do the Brit lights.
--Get some modules for my tanks. I hadn't even considered them before and I've learned they are extremely helpful to get through some grinds.
--Wait anxiously for dem Russians!!!

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Nice goals!

No modules!!! Oh man, it will be a different game when you get those top guns.

Do they run weekend events and have deals on stuff (like garage slots)? I have only played the 360 version briefly at a friends and was so confused :lol:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu May 01, 2014 4:23 pm

jtemple507 wrote:Current:
Alecto, M3 Lee, Hetzer, T82, Pz38 nA, M5 Stuart.

Goals:
--Get my History grade to a B and start playing again!!! I've been having major WoT withdrawal for the past few months and I was very upset when the game was almost finished with the four updates we Xbox tankers have had in the past months and I had to leave and cancel the whole download!!!
--Go up the new British light line to that awesome Centurion 7/1!!!
--Get through the god-awful Lee and be a boss in those Shermans.
--More garage slots. I have about $20 so that will go to a few slots so I won't have to sell my T82 to do the Brit lights.
--Get some modules for my tanks. I hadn't even considered them before and I've learned they are extremely helpful to get through some grinds.
--Wait anxiously for dem Russians!!!
Hey thats awesome, glad to hear you are giving it another try. Feel free to ask about anything your unsure of, Ace is quite knowledgeable. :D

I had a hoot with the Pz38 nA on my way through to the Pz IV. Its a fun little tank but gets a scout MM a lot so you have to be prepared to switch rolls depending on you draft.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

jtemple507

Unread post by jtemple507 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 am

Well, I left involuntary. My grades slipped and my dad grounded me until I got them back up. I played the nA as a scout tank until I got the last gun with awesome damage. Now I go around trolling T-29's. Since the nA has great speed and the T29 has slow turret rotation, I'm able to do circles around him with ease, and he quickly becomes a burning wreck once my other teammates show up.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 am

jtemple507 wrote:Well, I left involuntary. My grades slipped and my dad grounded me until I got them back up. I played the nA as a scout tank until I got the last gun with awesome damage. Now I go around trolling T-29's. Since the nA has great speed and the T29 has slow turret rotation, I'm able to do circles around him with ease, and he quickly becomes a burning wreck once my other teammates show up.
Your Dad was right, good grades are more important than playing tanks, but it seems you have found the balance and now you can do good at both school and tanks....well done!

If you like the Troll qualities of the nA you are going to absolutely love the Cromwell and Comet on your way to the Centurion. They are pure flankers with great speed that do a great job at exploiting break-throughs. The line is a little tedious to grind up until the Crommy and then its a blast. I believe Ace will be getting into the Comet by the week-end if he stays on schedule.

You play the x-box version right?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 02, 2014 4:09 pm

+1 about the academics!

The Comet is in the garage. Took 35 battles grinding out ~50k xp last night thanks to the 2x for every win. Started out shaky in the win department but the last 10 or so battles were mostly wins which raked in the xp. So glad WG didn't throw the hex on me yesterday!

Consistency of play was lacking, mostly because of survivability (badly need 6th sense for that Commander, @ 90%), but the wins kept coming so I kept playing. Got waaaaay too many tier 8 battles. Liked the Cromwell but the high speed, lack of armor and my tendency to lead the attack is a volatile mix. Very much looking forward to having some depression so I don't need to crest in order to shoot :lol:

First spin in Comet tonight maybe. Free XP'd top gun and turret, using equipment to cover insufficient suspension weight and will upgrade suspension first to free up that equipment slot.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Fri May 02, 2014 7:31 pm

I would also say to drop Sherman path. Sherman was a beast with derp gun before this update, but now they increased loading and aiming time by 1 second. You cannot possibly aim right now as you get shredded to pieces by the time reticule is half screen size. And other gun is unusable as it drops you often in tier 6.
Wolverine on the other hand is very similar albeit a bit slower. However derp is untouched and has nice camo bonus, with binoculars can see quite far and often bounces enemy shots. And leads to a great Hellcat. I would advise you going that route instead of Sherman/Jumbo. Jumbo again ends up in Tier 7 matches too often.

I am extremely happy with russian KV1 and KV1S line, but found T34 have very poor performance these days - cannot do anything good.

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 02, 2014 7:57 pm

You using the 57 or 76 on the T34?

I was struggling with 76 when grinding to A-43 then switched to 57 and did so much better. T34 with 76 is more of a brawler which doesn't work in high tier matches. Hell, doesn't work in low tier matches either.

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Fri May 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Not sure, I think the latest gun. I tried to switch gun as always, some guns change tank playstyle so if something doesn't work you try the other way, but didn't see considerable improvement. It was great tank when I started and a lot of people played it, but maybe MM changed and now you feel completely useless with it. As if there is power creep with some old tanks, and new tanks are almost always better. I still have for historical reasons, as Sherman :)

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri May 02, 2014 9:14 pm

It is a tough tank, actually the lowest win rate (36.93%) of all tanks from battles loaded into vbaddict. It is a tank a lot of people shoot for early in their career because of the historical factor, as you mentioned. It is also avoided by good players which boosts WR on other tanks heavily played by noobs (like the Sherman used to be).

Big issue with the 76 is the atrocious aim time combined with lackluster accuracy. You can't pull out, fire a well placed shot and dive back to cover before taking 2 shots in some cases for your one. It also doesn't snipe well with a .41 accuracy.