Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Re: Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Unread post by Scub » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Eagle Eye is on my short list for T71 but it will be a while before I will have enough xp to reset the 2nd skill (camo).

I think you list of changes looks good, I would pass on smooth ride and go with off road driving to help retain speed on soft ground but specifically help Hellcat up hills in open territory.

As far as fun tanks go I am not sure what to recommend, what type of play do you want out of it?
I like fast medium/light tanks, but the problem is lets say the T21 she is for the most in high tiar battles and make it tough for me to stay in action. Its a fun tank but, i get bang out of the game pretty fast. So 2 min of fun so to speak :Tout: only reason I keep her is the fantastic gun she have

I dont know witch tiar the cromwell meets, for me its importent that she is at minimum middle 5 tiar level.
But I suspect she will be at low 5 as an fast arty killer or flanker
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 pm

I think the Cromwell would do well against tier 6 tanks as well, but maybe only heavies from the rear. I always seem to see one holding its own against tier 6 tanks and more than hold its own when it catches a heavy or slow medium by itself.

You could also try the KV-13, believe you have an elite KV-1S and should have it researched already. If you like it you can follow down the path of maneuverable Soviet mediums that have decent armor and good guns. KV-13 won't cost you as much free xp to try it either. Could go Easy 8 or even some of the Chinese mediums...but the first good one is tier 7 IMO.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:I think the Cromwell would do well against tier 6 tanks as well, but maybe only heavies from the rear. I always seem to see one holding its own against tier 6 tanks and more than hold its own when it catches a heavy or slow medium by itself.

You could also try the KV-13, believe you have an elite KV-1S and should have it researched already. If you like it you can follow down the path of maneuverable Soviet mediums that have decent armor and good guns. KV-13 won't cost you as much free xp to try it either. Could go Easy 8 or even some of the Chinese mediums...but the first good one is tier 7 IMO.
I have now got the Easy 8 :Tout:
And later I will develope the M4A3E2 to get the T29 later, have the T14 school tank for training the T29 crew :D

Any tips about good equipment to give her (easy 8) ?

Cut from wiki
On a side-note: if the E8 was accurate to its design during WWII, the E8 would have wet-ammunition storage automatically, an evolutionary improvement over older models.

I guess the wet storage is not on the wot model as included

Edit
By the way I have developed the Cromwell too :lol:
not bought it yet, and start getting more XP to complete her fully developed before I get her in my garage :D
When I read about the easy 8 on wot wiki they mention and compare the Cromwell to her, and I sayd what the heck , get this as well :Tout:
Google Translate

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Stick with the Easy 8, the Cromwell gets you into trouble quicker than it can get you out. :wink:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:59 pm

I don't have any specific tips for it but you can never go wrong with: vents, rammer, vstab, optics or gun laying drive.

Just based on what I know I would probably go with rammer, vstab and optics. I would rather have the GLD but think the extra view range boost to 407m is more important for flanker/sniper that might be up front. If you always stay back and snipe other peoples spots then GLD for sure.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Stick with the Easy 8, the Cromwell gets you into trouble quicker than it can get you out. :wink:
Yea, but there are soon very few tanks left that interest me, and I need to use my XP on something :lol:
Maybe yust stick with Accelerate Crew Training :wink:
But now Cromwell is developed and I will give her a go on a later time. :-)
I get lot of trouble in my T21 allready, but the strange thing is that the cromwell can suit me better, who knows :Tout:
I have allways wanted to write in the chat box before the battle,
"Gentlemen, lets have a jolly good battle" :Tout:

Ace of Aces wrote:I don't have any specific tips for it but you can never go wrong with: vents, rammer, vstab, optics or gun laying drive.

Just based on what I know I would probably go with rammer, vstab and optics. I would rather have the GLD but think the extra view range boost to 407m is more important for flanker/sniper that might be up front. If you always stay back and snipe other peoples spots then GLD for sure.
Yes, I will not install GLD
But I have
V.stab
Vent and try first binoculars I have an extra optics in my depot, so I will try this as well.

Anyway after a few battles I find her fun to use, but need training an getting used to her, that for sure 4 battles , 2 win
But its not with my help :D
Google Translate

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 am

Here is the list for Skill/Perk junkies like me, showing the amount of XP pr 1% building up towards 100% pr skill/perk level

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... WwzdnlTZWc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warning
Reading this sheet can be a tough punch to your dream of getting more skills fast for your crew. :zom:

The sum pr % up and with average XP income pr battle on your target tank will show how many battles u need for the 1% and the total
Its a Scary reading :sickie:
So its no question about it having a premium acount to boost your XP earnings thats for sure. ( when you first have had it, you will keep having it. :Tout:

Edit : There are something wrong with this sheet, they/he have given an increase per percent based on a strate line from 1% to 100% insted of yusing the WOT graph u see give more skill % increase in the beginning for less XP, then the XP earning needed increase more and more towards the end.
So the sheet I postet is totally wrong

But still in the bigger picture
I will recommend Accelerate Crew Training
this reducing the total number of games needed by 20% (5 man crew)
And this advantage gets even better with a smaller crew, such as the ELC AMX (2 man crew)
reducing the number of matches with 33.3% to complete the skill / Perk level

If I have understood this correctly

On top you keep 5% free XPs to spend on developements

disclaimer : I have recommend and put the Intuition perk on my want list for the loader,
This Perk I will not get, after reading many posts on wot forum, they all say it dosent work, there are only an 17% chance it will. So it makes it one of the most useless perk to get
When u need it, its for sure it will not work, murphy's law :roll:
Google Translate

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Researched the T69 last weekend and got a couple dozen battles under my belt in it. Initially it wasn't much more than a slower, better armored T71 with a larger profile. It used the same gun as the T71, but with one less round in the drum :?

Now I have the top gun that ups the damage with about same pen, which is a big help. Next I have to get tracks so I can mount the better engines. There are two and I imagine the top one will make this this a great flanker. Right now its okay but acceleration in and out of cover to shoot will be helpful!

One thing is for sure, I lose money in this because I blow through 10 to 15 HEAT rounds (40-60k) each game to ensure I get damage on upper tiers. That is the big problem with autoloaders, once you load gold you are likely to use the entire drum unless you have the 25 seconds to switch back. Also, I tend to load gold right off the bat not knowing what tier I will encounter first but I definitely need the extra pen if I want to attack almost anyone I see frontally. Fortunately I have premium now...

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm

This weekend's WOT bonus hysteria came out okay, did not reach my goal, but there came in several annoying factors that prevented this to happen. (day gaming was a disaster because of the kids who did not understand the word teamwork :zom: )
  but I am happy with the result anyway, my stats has greatly increased, as has the training to my Hellcat crew too, who had the main focus and with a significant jump from 340% to 392%. earned 180,000 xps but with this bonus x3 I've got 550,000 xps
I hoped and thought for a while that I would be able to get the last 8% on skill 3 and come over the top. then, the first 50% in fourth skill would go fast even without the bonus.
"fun facts" math it me in the head, these 8% will cost 250,000 ish xps and require more hard "work" than the previous earnings due to the lack of this bonus gift.

8% ~ 250 matches (with average earnings)

Many will say this madness and wot is about having fun, and fun it is, but without targets and goals, I had become bored quickly, :Tout:

And having an Commander with the rank of an Captain or even better, a Major the placebo effect kicks in thinking that every skill and equipment they have will work mutch better, :lol:
Google Translate

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Played 10 matches this morning and lost 7. Not good, the game play was way over my head and focused more than I could make contributions for. 2-3 matches I was dead within a minute with no shots fired and no scout exp. I was really out matched by more superior players. I will try again late this afternoon and mabie I can get my stats back up. :Pray:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton