Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat May 03, 2014 1:26 pm

The T34 just didn't work for me either. In hindsight I figure I didn't really understand its battle roll and how to exploit its strengths if it has any. :Tout: Its not a popular tank nor one who instills fear on fellow teir 5 players either. Having said that I would have to recommend the M4 Sherman over the T34 line for playability and fun-factor. I went through the Derp-stage long before the big Derp Nerf of 8.3, I got tired of bouncing rounds and waiting through the 25 second reload time. I am a much better player with an ATG shooting at weak spots than I ever was in a Derpbuggy. :lol:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

sismis

Unread post by sismis » Sat May 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Yeah, I play with 57. Tried one now and with great twist of irony, got killed by another T34 :D. T34 doesn't have any strengths, but then again doesn't have any major weaknesses. It's fast, can bounce shells, but I miss any real damage it can deal. I was often later killed by better mediums.

I like dealing alpha and then retreat. That way I know I *have* to retreat as no other shell will come from my barrel in next half minute. Dealing consecutive damage with high ROF guns is just getting me killed fast as I stand in the open like a rabbit in the headlights :D

jtemple507

Unread post by jtemple507 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Nice goals!

No modules!!! Oh man, it will be a different game when you get those top guns.

Do they run weekend events and have deals on stuff (like garage slots)? I have only played the 360 version briefly at a friends and was so confused :lol:
Yes they do. Last month they were giving away 10 garage slots for like 1,000 gold. They also give out special tanks, have discounts on premium tanks, or have discounts on certain grinds. For example, this week they're having a T-29 grind special where its 2x XP on all medium and heavy tanks leading to it, plus 20% off the silver and XP cost on each tank. And also last month, they were giving out the TOG II for a price of 3,500 gold.