Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Get a new tank or go back to an old love? What is in your garage?
:t34:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Rides - Current, Goals & Wishlist

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:53 pm

As of last night I am playing and tanks I am working toward:

Panzer IV > VK3601(H) > Tiger I
VK1602 Leopard > VK2801
M5 Stuart > M24 Chaffee
Wespe > Grille

Current favorites to play of those four are Leopard and Panzer IV. Basically sticking with these to unlock the next tank in their branch of the tree but will likely keep all but the Wespe so I can train the crews to at least 2 skills/perks.

Wishlist item is working the Soviet line to the KV-1, they seem to always cause trouble with good speed, armor, and firepower. Will also get me pretty close to the T50-2 which is the most nimble Light Tank that I have seen.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

pilgrimtone

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 am

My favourite tanks are:
Panzer IV:
GUN.......................75mm KWK 40 L/48
Turret....................Turm Ausf.H
Engine....................Maybach HL 120 TRM
Tracks....................BW Ausf.H
Radio......................Fug 12

Gun Rammer
Wet Ammo Rack
Improved Ventilation
I use this tank to snipe at the enemy from the flanks or higher ground, it is relatively quick with an excellent gun & RoF, with my uncle and cousin both with Panzer IVs we can lay down enough fire to make most tanks search for cover.
The armour is a bit thin but provided you do not try to sit and "slug it out" you can have a very good game.

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 pm

That will be my setup once I put together enough credits to buy the gun rammer and wet ammo rack. Right now I have ventilation and camo netting. Would stick with netting but too many times my rack gets hit.

The hardest part for me moving from the Light Tanks to the Panzer IV was keeping back a bit. It is a fast enough tank to get me into trouble and not enough armor to keep me safe. Now I zip ahead only far enough to find a bush in a spot where I can see a long ways and wait for a scout to light up a target or move forward when my team moves up a bit. Some maps make that difficult to do, though.

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:27 am

Used some of the gold I got from that amazon.com item I posted about earlier to buy the Matilda Black Prince since it was half off this weekend and I wanted a Premium tank to increase credit gain.

Nice little tank, s...l...o...w as you would expect but it has decent armor (high hp) and above average gun (6pdr) for the tier. What it excels at is ROF, I took out a KV-1 from a 1 o'clock aspect with I think 6 shots and it was only able to get 1 on me (took me to less than 25% hp left) after the second shot I landed. Pretty sure I took out the loader because his reload was really long and let's just say I was frantically clicking my fire button while staring down his barrel :Pray: Also able to get kills on light tanks as I load and fire a second shell before they can get to cover.

Having fun with it but if match doesn't last long I barely make it to any of the action :lol:

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks to the Matilda BP and the Operation Crusader weekend I was able to grind enough xp and credits to add a VK3601(h) to the garage plus outfit it and some other tanks with equipment. Will eventually research the Tiger once I max out the upgrades on this baby.

Really like it so far, more armored and better gun than Panzer IV with less speed although it will be closer once I upgrade the engine. Match making has been good as well so far.

Now going to focus more on my M5 Stuart so I can unlock the Chaffee, only 36,000 xp left :shock:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:51 am

As a new player I'm setting sights low. :Tout: I would like to work myself up to a Panzer IV G or H, the Firefly and a T34/85.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:11 pm

A few changes to my garage, with the Black Friday event for Tank Destroyers I spent some credits to work both paths of the American TDs as well as one German. Also finally was able to research the Grille SPG and sold my slightly used Wespe.

Current Vehicles:

Light Tanks:
M5 Stuart
VK1602 Leopard

Medium Tanks:
Panzer IV
VK3601(h)
Matilda Black Prince

Heavy Tanks:
none...yet

Tank Destroyers:
T82
T40

Self Propelled Guns:
Grille (Work towards Hummel but will likely keep b/c of decent match making)

Thought I might keep both light tanks but the grind to the Chaffee has changed my mind. It gets placed in too many matches with tier levels that the Howitzer has trouble penetrating even the rear armor of. Usually I don't last long enough to make it to the enemies starting area to hunt arty. Occasionally I will find a lone TD and can keep to his rear and plug away but otherwise rarely get a kill in these higher tier matches. Not in love with the Leopard weitber but its 5cm gun is a little better for my style and can survive ramming other lights/ lower tier mediums.

After I finally get my Chaffee I will work on the Soviet line through T-28 to KV-1. Would alsoike to work on a British medium as well.

pilgrimtone

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:22 am

My current line up is:

French
S-35 CA.................T5 Tank Destroyer, it has tissue paper armour but you have got to love the 105mm gun.

AMX 105 AM ............T4 SPG, though low tier it can hurt most tanks in the game.

Germany
PzKpfw IV................T5 Med Tank, excellent little tank, with a long 75 main gun and decent speed/turning it can either snipe at long range or burst through a gap to maul the arty.

VK3601H.........T6 Med Tank, this is another excellent tank, used much like the Panzer IV but this little darling packs an 88.

Pzkpfw VI.........T7 Heavy Tank, the mighty Tiger, although it does seem to be a little "nerfed" in the game, with its long 88 it is a foolish man who ignores the Tiger, just keep that front armour either hull down or at an angle to the enemy!

Pzkpfw VI B......T8 Heavy Tank, the "Jewel in my Crown", the magnificent King Tiger! what is not to like, its not the strongest tank in the game but it is a great vehicle......and it looks FANTASTIC!

Hummel............T5 SPG, I was not certain about this vehicle due to bad reports from my uncle, it has good speed and turning ability and can hurt ANY vehicle in the game, its only draw back is the small amount of ammunition it carries, 18 rounds.

United Kingdom
Crusader...........T5 light tank, is very good at what it does, with good speed and a decent gun it can push through gaps and exploit the enemies rear area, it DOES NOT stand face to face and slug it out with anything above tier 1.

Churchill I..........T5 Heavy tank, is a good tank that can take a lot of punishment and with a 75mm gun it can dish it out too, its main draw back is the lack of speed, especially on hills or soft ground.

United States
T1 Cunningham..........T1 Light Tank,this is my "guilty secret", I dont know why but i love this little tank, it is fairly quick and is lots of fun when armed with an MG though!

M4A3E8.............T6 Med tank, this tank has grown on me, it has good speed and an excellent 76mm gun but it is just a stepping stone to the Pershing.

Well that is my current garage, my next purchase will be the German E-75 Heavy tank but I still have 100,000 XP to go and have to save up just under 3,000,000 credits for it, everything else is on hold and just improving the crews.

(edit: XP complete, just 1,700,000 credits now :D )

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Great write up Pilgrimtone! Have yet to unlock the 88 for my 3601(h) but that is next on the research list for that tank. At some point I will accumulate enough xp in it to research a Tiger and your thoughts on the tanks you have will be helpful.